Keep It is notebook, scrapbook and organizer, ideal for writing notes, saving web links, storing documents, images or any kind of file, and finding them again. Keep It is the successor to Together.
Available on iPhone and iPad, and a separate app for Mac, changes are automatically made available across all your devices with iCloud. Keep It is the destination for all those things you want to put somewhere, confident you will find them again later.
Create, edit, view and save:
• Notes with styles, checklists and attachments that look good and read well on all your devices
• Web links with live previews, or saved as PDFs for offline viewing
• Rich and plain text files, and Markdown documents
• Add highlights and notes to PDF documents
• Add any other kind of file, and see previews for most images, documents, web pages, and more
• See summaries and thumbnails in the list for most files
• Use icon view for browsing items by their thumbnails
• Use the Recents list to see things you’ve added or viewed lately
• Share folders and items with other Keep It users via iCloud
• Folders let you organise things hierarchically — select a folder to see everything it and its subfolders contain
• Use bundles to gather items into one place — items can be in more than one bundle at a time
• Use labels to color-code items for quick visual recognition
• Add searchable tags and comments
• Make items favorites and drag lists to the Favorites Bar for quick access
• Drag and drop to organize on iPad with iOS 11 and later
Search and Filter:
• Search everything in Keep It: names, tags, file contents, dates, kinds and more
• Create saved searches that match items against a set of rules
• Use keywords and natural language for dates while searching
• Use the Tag Filter to see all items with a tag and any other relevant tags; choose another tag to drill down further
Use Keep It with other apps:
• Works with the Files app on iOS 11 and later
• Share extension can add links, text, images and other files, and append text to notes from within other apps
• Save and open documents in other apps
Use of Keep It Mobile requires a paid subscription that you can purchase in the app.
A choice of either a monthly or yearly subscription is available, and these include a free trial.
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account following the free trial, unless you cancel the subscription at least 24-hours before the end of the trial period.
The subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
- Fixed an issue where found text could be highlighted for saved searches that search content.
- Fixed an issue attaching a file to a note when using x-callback-urls.
- Fixed an issue creating a new item when using Siri or x-callback-urls and the default new item is stationery.
- Fixed issues with the appearance of the items list on iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR in landscape.
- Tapping a checklist item in a note will no longer begin editing if the tap is within the first few characters (but not at the end) of the line.
- Added the ability to save links from Apple News for offline.
- Removed the limit on the number of items that can be stored in folders for iCloud libraries.
Ratings and Reviews
Looks good, great concept, but constant crashes
I want to like Keep It because it would be very helpful for keeping all of my data, links, notes, etc organized. However, every time I try to add a file (a pdf from safari) the app crashes and the file is not saved. This has also happened several times when trying to add a web page (not for offline viewing) but I was eventually able to get it to work. I am also concerned about what happens to my data if my subscription is accidentally cancelled (issue with my card on file with iTunes which happens often for some reason) or if I decide to try a different app/service. Will there be a way to export my data from Keep It or will it just be lost? In the end, it seems like a simplified version of DEVONThink. I am looking for an alternative because lately I’ve had issues with DEVONthinks sync stores (tells me I entered the incorrect encryption key, but I have checked multiple times and there is zero chance I am entering the incorrect key). DEVONThink has a ton more “features” than Keep It, but many of them are overkill for my use case. I just want to have one place to organize all of my documents, files, notes, websites, etc that allows me to easily find what I need regardless of which device I am using. If Keep It can fix the crash issues I will give it a shot. Until then, the search continues.
Sorry you are having problems. I cannot seem to recreate the issue with the PDFs or saving web links, and I can’t see any relevant reports for v1.2.4 yet, so if you’re still having an issue, please send a support request from within the app: tap the gear icon above the Lists view, tap the Help button in the lower right, tap Get In Touch and tap Report a Problem.
Nothing will happen to your data if your subscription fails to renew, and provided the app is still installed you can continue to access all your files in the Files app, and import that data into other apps, provided they can import from the Files app. If you use the Mac version, Keep It stores everything in files and folders in the Finder, and you can export a copy of everything using the File > Export All Items menu item (or using the Export Files button in the Subscription panel, if your subscription has expired).
A Perfect Information Manager
This app, along with the macOS counterpart, is by far the best file/information/data management app that’s out there. I have looked into Evernote, OneNote, Bear, DevonThink, and EagleFiler on the Mac and Keep It wins our over all of them. On top of that, it is by far the best designed app out of all of them. I hope the developer continues to keep it updated for years to come (that is one of my main concerns, however, everything can be exported or the developer ever stops supporting the app).
Searching (even within PDFs and some obscure file formats) has worked perfectly for me every time.
My only feature request would be to include an markdown preview mode for markdown files (or at least give things like heading/bold/italics different styles while editing). This goes for the Mac app as well, since I use that more than this mobile version. Syncing between both also works perfectly.
A for effort ...
Lots of nice touches and your work shows. However, it's missing a few of my favorite features from Together ... like the option to create colored backgrounds and the ability to change creation / date added times which is essential for journaling.
Although Keep It departs from Together in some ways, a lot is very similar ... would have liked to have seen an update to Together with some new and exciting features.
I don't mind the multiple libraries being removed but that might be a factor for some.
Right now I'm not sold on what is essentially a new version of Together, with some removed features and a few enhancements ... and a subscription model (albeit very reasonable), but will keep an eye on future development. I sincerely wish you good luck. 🍀👍
Also, must say I'm not a fan of the app icon ... it needs to be more subtle and soothing on the eye for me, anyway.
Keep It Mobile can now edit those dates in the Info view (the Mac app could already via the Item menu), and notes in Keep It 1.2 and later can have default background colors. Thanks.
- Steve Harris
- 24.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Hebrew
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2004-2018 Reinvented Software
- In-App Purchases
- Keep It Mobile $1.49
- Keep It Mobile $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.