Keep It is notebook, scrapbook and organizer, ideal for writing notes, saving web links, storing documents, images or any kind of file, and finding them again. Keep It is the successor to Together.
Available on Mac, and as a separate app for iPhone and iPad, changes are automatically made available across all your devices with iCloud. Keep It is the destination for all those things you want to put somewhere, confident you will find them again later.
Create, edit, view and save:
• Notes with styles, checklists and attachments that look good and read well on all your devices
• Web links with live previews, or saved as PDFs for offline viewing
• Rich and plain text files
• Markdown documents, with preview and syntax highlighting in a choice of styles
• Add highlights and notes to PDF documents
• Add any other kind of file, and see previews for most images, documents, web pages, and more
• See summaries and thumbnails in the list for most files
• Use icon view to browse items by their thumbnails
• Use the Recents list to see things you’ve added or viewed lately
• Share folders and items with other Keep It users via iCloud
• Encrypt files with a password
• Folders let you organise things hierarchically — select a folder to see everything it and its subfolders contain
• Use bundles to gather items into one place — items can be in more than one bundle at a time
• Use labels to color-code items for quick visual recognition
• Add searchable tags and comments
• Make items favorites and drag lists to the Favorites Bar for quick access
Search and Filter:
• Search everything in Keep It: names, tags, file contents, dates, kinds and more
• Choose suggestions as you search to create complex searches with ease
• Use keywords and natural language for dates while searching
• Save searches for later reuse
• Use the Tag Filter to see all items with a tag and any other relevant tags; choose another tag to drill down further
Use Keep It with other apps:
• Compact Mode reduces the app to a single column, ideal for using alongside other apps
• Drag pretty much anything to Keep It
• Copy clickable links to items and lists in Keep It
• Share extension can add links, text, images and other files, and append text to notes from within other apps
• Save files to Keep It’s folders to automatically add them to the library
• Use a bookmarklet to add links from web browsers that don’t use Share extensions
• Automate tasks with AppleScript
Keep It can be used with a paid subscription that you can purchase in the app. A choice of either a monthly or yearly subscription is available.
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account following a free trial, unless you cancel the subscription at least 24-hours before the end of the trial period.
The subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
- Fixed an issue where found text could be highlighted for saved searches that search content.
- Fixed an issue where the wrong summary could be shown for a newly created note.
- Fixed an issue attaching a file to a note with AppleScript.
- Fixed an issue where the share extension would not look correct in Dark Mode.
- Convert all rich text files (and optionally plain text files) to notes using the command in the Keep It > Library menu.
- Added the ability to save links from Apple News for offline.
- Removed the limit on the number of items that can be stored in folders for iCloud libraries.
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect Information Manager
I evaluated DevonThink Pro, EagleFiler, Evernote, Bear Notes, before finally settling on Keep It. The app is beautifully designed, and can handle everything I throw at it. Searching also works perfectly (even within PDF files and some obscure file formats). Syncing between mobile also works perfectly.
My only feature request would be to include a Markdown previewer, or at least format headings/bold/italic with different styles in the editor. Other than that, so far I’ve found this app to be perfect for my needs.
Thanks for the review. Keep It 1.4 now includes a dedicated Markdown editor and preview. I hope it's useful to you!
Very good information manager — please add encryption.
This is an incredibly useful app for law clerks and lawyers, and I imagine it must be equally useful for any number of other professions. I am currently using it to keep track of documents, cases, regulations, statutes, and other information for a complicated case, and so far it excels in this use case. What it is direly lacking, for my purposes, is encryption. My internal drive is encrypted through FileVault, but I would like to be able to use iCloud sync’ing to access my work from my iOS device. Unfortunately, without encryption, I can’t risk that. Please consider adding this feature!
Thanks for the review. Everything sent to iCloud is encrypted both while in transit and when stored on iCloud's servers. Keep It 1.4 also adds the ability to encrypt individual items with a password.
Want to Like It… But Crashes So Regularly...
I really, really want to like this program. Sadly, the fact is that the software has never been stable. It has always crashed, sometimes losing information. And frankly, I just can’t trust it. I speak from the perspective of being a LONG TIME user of Keep It and the previous iteration, Together. Over the years, I’ve used it and spent so much time hoping that things would get better so i wouldn’t have to transfer my library to some other system. Today’s crash is the last one. I’m throwing in the towel and will probably move back to DevonThink Pro Office. It’s just so much more stable. My suggestion is to spend your money elsewhere. 8-(
I fix every crash that gets reported, and these days they are quite rare. Version 1.4.5 fixes two quite obscure crashes – no others were reported. Not everyone enables the option to send crash reports to developers, so if you are experiencing a crash and need it resolved, please get in touch using the Help > Keep It Support menu, thanks.
- Steve Harris
- 7.5 MB
- English, Arabic, Hebrew
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2004-2018 Reinvented Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.