Keka is a full featured file archiver, as easy as it can be.
With Keka you can compress as many files as you want in a bunch of formats. Divide files and protect them with a password is now a kids game. Just drop the files you want to compress to the Keka icon in the Dock or the main window.
Also Keka can extract lots of compressed files, from ZIP and 7Z to RAR archives, even parted ones. Just double click on those files and they will be extracted using Keka, or drop them to the icon in the Dock or the main window.
Compression formats supported:
7Z, ZIP, TAR, GZIP, BZIP2, XZ, LZIP and ISO
Extraction formats supported:
7Z, ZIP, RAR, TAR, GZIP, BZIP2, XZ, LZIP, DMG, ISO, LZMA, EXE, CAB, WIM, PAX, JAR, APK, APPX, XPI, IPA, CPGZ, CPIO and more
• Fixed compatibility with some encrypted ZIP files (Thanks to zampano and the UCD.ie) F#2626
• Recompiled PLZIP with LZLIB 1.11 (Thanks to Antonio Diaz Diaz)
• Updated LZIP from 1.21-rc1 to stable 1.21 (Thanks to Antonio Diaz Diaz)
• Italian translation updated (Thanks to @VinBoiSoft) #353
• Greek translation updated (Thanks to Basil) #180
• Simplified Chinese translation updated (Thanks to @maxsky) #355
Ratings and Reviews
Went Paid to Say Thanks
I’ve been using the free version for years. I see you have a newly updated version and the price is right. Thank you Jorge.
If I have one ask, is to just think about options to keep us safe, such as assuring that Keka can’t be used to launch attacks from malicious files that are hidden in a RAR file archive. Make sure that we know, and by default stops, anything that attempts to execute or launch something as part of the unzip process.
Developer Response ,
Thanks Webreviews for the long time support! Keka uses the latest UNRAR from rarlab.com, and will keep being updated. Let me know if you find any thread in the wild 🙂
It works, I haven’t had any issues with using it for over two years
The best kind of utilities are the ones you don’t even know you have, because they just work. This is exactly one of those. I have used this for over two years and never had any issues, it works with anything I throw at it. No complaints, and I would highly recommend. I got a new laptop and I couldn’t extract rar archives any more, realized I forgot to re-install this app!
can't find RAR
the overall experience is good so far. the design makes decompress very easy to use. BUT , when I wanted to decompress from a RAR, I could't find my files in desktop, and didn't know the location of the files, but there was a notification said it was successful decompressed. I tries several times after that. but all failed SO, i had to use my old tool to deal with the RARs. and shift between these two apps. ...........
Developer Response ,
Please head to https://issues.keka.io so we can solve this issue 😊
- Jorge Garcia Armero
- 19.7 MB
- OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Bulgarian, Catalan, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2019 aONe
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.