By Kelby Media Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- Full 720p HD video (network streaming conditions permitting)
- Thousands of lessons for photographers, Photoshop users, and creative professionals
Please note an Internet connection is required to play and stream all video content
At KelbyOne you’re always on-location and in-studio. Become part of the action as we take you behind the scenes of professional photo shoots and show you exactly how the pros do it, step-by-step, from start-to-finish. They share their gear, setup, settings, and tips and tricks that took them decades to master. Spend a day learning lighting and flash with Joe McNally and Scott Kelby. Learn to shoot wedding portraits with legendary wedding photographer David Ziser. Learn the pros secrets to creating jaw-dropping Photoshop effects for fashion photography with Frank Doorhof. Photograph “Big Game” in Yellowstone with Moose Peterson, or study composition, light, and photo compositing with Jeremy Cowart, and so much more! And, that’s just the start! Master Photoshop® and Lightroom® in record time with the world’s top creative design gurus! Enhance your photography, retouch like a pro, and add stunning effects to your portraits.
What's New in Version 2.2.0
* New Download Center for better offline video user experience
- Fixed offline access playlist support
- Fix Airplay support when phone is locked
Great Classes, but the App needs work.
I give this app a three star rating only because of the content available in it. IF I rated it on the functionality of the app it would only rate a one star.
I love the content available from Kelby Media and the ability to download and view at a later date is wonderful. That being said the app has major problems. First off if you take the video to full screen the sound fades to mute within a few seconds. Why this has not been fixed yet is a mystery to me. It was reported in a review back in October of 2014. Another bug in the App is the fact that it will not cycle from chapter to chapter automatically. The content freezes at the end of each chapter on the next chapter in the playlist and you have to tap it to play. Another bug that should be fixed by now.
Also there is no way that you can report a bug fix to them in the app. (If there is I can’t find it) But you can report it while writing a review. Probably not a great place to have the only place to report a bug. Especially if you are not happy when writing a review.
Hopefully the bugs will get fixed soon. But I feel the app is like several things that have been started by Kelby and then fade away (Flipboard has two Kelby pages that are no longer being updated to name one.)
5 stars BECAUSE IT EXISTS.
* For full screen audio; press pause then press play again for audio.
What an amazing resource that can go with you anywhere. With the ability to download 2 courses at a time, you can have Moose Richardson with you in the middle of the Rockies or at an airshow. The interface is far from perfect, but the fact that it exists to customers at all is worthy of praise. I no longer have to try to decipher my chicken scratch, notes are a thing of the past. I just click the section I need when I'm frustrated, have that aha moment, and proceed to make quality work.
Scott Kelby you are a living legend. Thank you for helping me learn what a $60k education failed to do.
Awesome Content. Crap App.
I purchased a year of online KelbyOne training after attending a great one day session last year with Joe McNally. I really love the content and instructors of KelbyOne, but this app falls on its face and I'll probably not be renewing again because of the app, as my iPad is my primary mode of online training anymore.
1) When returning to the app after leaving, it doesn't return to you to what you were watching previously. It also doesn't have an interface of recently watched classes overall.
2) Immediately after starting any video segment, the audio drops. I have to pause and restart the session, at which point the video stutters until everything syncs back up. Every. Single. Time.
3) When viewing a video in full screen mode, there is no option to fast forward or rewind via a slider bar. For a 10-20 minute video segment, hitting the FF or REW button to return to your spot is a nag
Please Kelby folks, find someone to assist you with these issues. The folks at Lynda have all the above solved with a fantastic app interface, if you want a point of reference.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Aug 24, 2014
- Version: 2.2.0
- Size: 1.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Kelby Media Group
- © KelbyOne
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.