Never let the weather catch you by surprise again. The trusted weather experts at KELOLAND Live Doppler HD deliver South Dakota, Western Minnesota, Northwest Iowa, Northern Nebraska's most accurate hour-by-hour forecast for the next day and for the week ahead. Unlike other weather apps, you'll get a local forecast that is customized for you.
Download the KELOLAND Storm Tracker app for fast, accurate local and national weather at your fingertips. With its personal alert notifications, you'll know when significant weather is heading your way and when to take cover. And when you are traveling, use KELOLAND Storm Tracker to get real-time weather forecasts, interactive radar and current conditions for anywhere in the U.S.
The KELOLAND Storm Tracker app utilizes the most advanced radar maps, weather and digital technology available. With its easy to use interactive radar, you can take control and see where the storm is now and where it is tracking. Then, set customized alerts to keep you and your family informed and safe.
- Live interactive radar with many layering options lets you track the storms around you
- Alerts for severe weather go to your home screen and cue an audio alert
- The most accurate hour-by-hour forecast for the next day and week ahead for South Dakota, Western Minnesota, Northwest Iowa, Northern Nebraska
- The latest video forecast from KELOLAND Live Doppler HD
- Current weather conditions for South Dakota, Western Minnesota, Northwest Iowa, Northern Nebraska and anywhere in the United States
- Share the weather conditions via text message, email, Facebook or Twitter
- You can set multiple custom locations to track forecasts, alerts, radar, and more
- News and weather headlines from KELOLAND TV
• Locations for forecast data/map data and Safety Net alerts are now all handled in a centralized location.
• The user’s selected locations are now consistent across forecasts and alerts, and don’t need to be managed independently.
• Safety Net alerts are now toggled on for the user’s location upon app install. New locations added also have Safety Net alerts automatically turned on.
• Users can now choose whether to receive alerts from each separate location.
• When a user clicks an alert notification, they are now taken to the map page showing the last viewed data product for that alert location.
• A new 7-day forecast includes a written forecast for both day and night time.
Ratings and Reviews
Horrible - update made it worse.
Just updated the app and thought it couldn’t get any worse - I was wrong. Not only now do I need to sit a look at a loading splash screen for 5 seconds (not that the app even requires a loading page for the little bit it does).
Now the radar has so many buttons and options it’s useless. People just want to see quick weather things.
Want to make the app useful? Just give an app with 8 buttons with things like quick forecasts, quick radar, and useful things. If I want to see more I will use the website.
It’s time for a change - to another local weather app
Historically, the Kelo weather app has been my go-to for local weather forecast and info. I find this current update to be frustrating to navigate and now lacks a “week at a glance” opportunity (you now have to scroll through to see all this info, and I also find the info harder to read with the background weather visuals). I’ve made a change to another local TV network app that better satisfies my weather info needs.
New version FAIL
So unfortunate - I travel all over the west and have to watch the weather closely. My favorite app, until the latest update, was the KELOLAND weather app. Now, it’s buggy, no longer has the 2-3 daily 1:15 minute video updates and when there is a video posting it’s buggy (none responsive buttons, etc). I have iPhone 6s, iPad Pro so it’s not me. Leave it to techies to fiddle with something that was fine before - now it’s useless. I’ve gone back to the Weather Channel - yeah, that bad. So unfortunate...
- LIN Television Corporation
- 109.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.