By Ken Burns Media, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
See America through the eyes of award-winning documentary filmmaker Ken Burns.
Includes a brand new playlist around the theme of Leadership with introductions from Ken and new clips from across his filmography, including his latest film, The Roosevelts.
This app is not a collection of Ken’s filmography—it’s an entirely new way of looking at American history, only available on iPad.
Ken has been producing documentaries for over three decades, including such films as The Civil War, Baseball, Jazz, The National Parks, Frank Lloyd Wright, Prohibition and Mark Twain. Now, he has returned to this body of work and selected scenes illustrating recurring themes in American history.
View this app’s streaming video content with one of these features:
• Timeline view: Zoom in and out to explore a chronological history of America. Select scenes from the films to learn about that particular moment.
• Theme view: Select a theme (Art, Hard Times, Innovation, Politics, Race, War, Leadership) to see a playlist of scenes selected by Ken. Each playlist illustrates common patterns in the American story. In the playlist “Race,” for example, you’ll see how moments from The Civil War, Baseball, Thomas Jefferson and Jazz are related.
• Film view: Select your favorite Ken Burns film, like The War or Baseball, to watch scenes from that film. See what themes appear in your favorite film and how they reappear in the other films.
NOTE: One playlist (around the theme of Innovation) is included free with download. To view five additional playlists, including over three hours of video and more exclusive content from Ken, unlock the full version from within the app for $9.99.
The Ken Burns app was designed with iOS 7 and Retina Display in mind, so every full-screen video is rendered in stunning quality.
We’d love to hear your comments, questions and suggestions. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 1.0.15
iOS 9 compatibility
Ken Burns documentary video clips on various subjects.
Pros: lots of interesting video clips on various subjects to watch. Links to watch full Ken Burns documentaries. Some video clips are free. Intros from Ken Burns. Some interesting quotes to read. Can search by a specific documentary film or a specific subject.
Cons: Ten dollar price tag may turn away some. No closed captioning.
Ken Burns-thank you many times over for being you!
This wonderful historic project done by Ken Burns can be better viewed if you sign into
your Apple ID, this I find improves all apps.
The videos all work, with verbal explanations, along with notes. What can be overlooked:
Note in in upper right, with your curser will pop
up several options to go elsewhere.
It will direct to various sites, one including PBS. These will be related to the year and subject you had just viewed. It could be a full
feature film on the subject, not sure if this is
on all the "years".
Ken Burns films are an accurate pictorial history of the United States of America.
Thank you so much,
Carol M. Koceja
Maybe I missed it somewhere, but where are the closed captions for the videos???
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 30, 2015
- Version: 1.0.15
- Size: 30.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ken Burns Media, LLC
- © 2015 Ken Burns Media, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlocked copy of Ken Burns$9.99