By Ken Burns Media, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
See America through the eyes of award-winning documentary filmmaker Ken Burns.
Includes a brand new playlist around the theme of Leadership with introductions from Ken and new clips from across his filmography, including his latest film, The Roosevelts.
This app is not a collection of Ken’s filmography—it’s an entirely new way of looking at American history, only available on iPad.
Ken has been producing documentaries for over three decades, including such films as The Civil War, Baseball, Jazz, The National Parks, Frank Lloyd Wright, Prohibition and Mark Twain. Now, he has returned to this body of work and selected scenes illustrating recurring themes in American history.
View this app’s streaming video content with one of these features:
• Timeline view: Zoom in and out to explore a chronological history of America. Select scenes from the films to learn about that particular moment.
• Theme view: Select a theme (Art, Hard Times, Innovation, Politics, Race, War, Leadership) to see a playlist of scenes selected by Ken. Each playlist illustrates common patterns in the American story. In the playlist “Race,” for example, you’ll see how moments from The Civil War, Baseball, Thomas Jefferson and Jazz are related.
• Film view: Select your favorite Ken Burns film, like The War or Baseball, to watch scenes from that film. See what themes appear in your favorite film and how they reappear in the other films.
NOTE: One playlist (around the theme of Innovation) is included free with download. To view five additional playlists, including over three hours of video and more exclusive content from Ken, unlock the full version from within the app for $9.99.
The Ken Burns app was designed with iOS 7 and Retina Display in mind, so every full-screen video is rendered in stunning quality.
We’d love to hear your comments, questions and suggestions. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 1.0.15
iOS 9 compatibility
KEN BURNS APP
As an interpreter in the field, I help adults students learn about the joy of the birds to which I lead them in pristine places (such as the central California coastline where I often am a Birding Guide in Marin County).
That means I tell stories — as in anecdotes about the fascinating lives of the wild, winged creatures we watch.
Ken Burns weaves his own eloquence in EVERY presentation I watch on PBS via his magicianship choreography.
His eloquence is par excellence — as a filmmaker, writer, producer, and, most important, humanitarian who helps audiences understand the importance of history and its application to the “now.”
I don’t know Ken, but I revel in watching his shows….though I wish I possessed more time to do so.
That’s why his 2001 “Jazz” PBS series is still on my shelf, especially episodes 5 & 6 (that focused on the Swing Dance/Lindy Hop dance era of the 1930s & early 1940s. What a bliss to watch those vignettes of the earliest “Jitterbug” enthusiasts, including aerials that my wife and I still like to do as we Cut The Rug at various swing dance events in the SF Bay Area (when I’m not guiding birding trips in California, that is…..).
OK, so buy this app, if you like Ken Burns…..Now back to California birding fun. Enjoy. Daniel Edelstein, warblerwatch.com
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 30, 2015
- Version: 1.0.15
- Size: 28.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ken Burns Media, LLC
- © 2015 Ken Burns Media, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlocked copy of Ken Burns$9.99