By KenKen Puzzle
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This is the ONE-AND-ONLY Original KenKen®, the unbelievably fun, exciting and addictive logic and math puzzle that appears daily in the New York Times and hundreds of other publications around the globe. NY Times puzzle editor, Will Shortz, calls KenKen "the most addictive puzzle since sudoku." KenKen is a great way for puzzle fans of all ages to exercise their brains, and is the only version of this puzzle authorized by its creator, Japanese educator Tetsuya Miyamoto. Only KenKen guarantees hundreds of difficulty levels and just a single solution per puzzle. Don't be fooled by unauthorized versions such as Mathdoku and Calcudoku, and don't get stuck in a Sudoku rut. Play KenKen math puzzles today!
There are virtually unlimited KenKen puzzles available to you on this app. The first 50 are included FREE with the download. If you need more...no problem! Just order them and they'll appear immediately. YOU select the size, difficulty level, and operations. After you complete a puzzle, a new puzzle of the same type will automatically load so you can continue to challenge yourself.
What is KenKen? This amazing brain exerciser is a grid-based logic puzzle and math game that is frequently described as "sudoku on steroids." How do you play? It’s as EASY as tic-tac-toe... For a 3x3 puzzle, use the numbers 1-3; for a 4x4 puzzle, fill in with numbers 1-4; for a 5x5 puzzle, use the numbers 1-5, and so on. Do not repeat a number in any row or column. Complete rules are available in the app for your convenience.
A Little KenKen History: KENKEN was developed in 2004 by (no, not two guys named Ken) acclaimed Japanese mathematics educator Tetsuya Miyamoto. His goal was to improve his students’ math and logic skills. And what better tool than a puzzle? So he developed one that would be understandable, fun, and challenging for people of all ages and skill levels. Most importantly, he wanted the puzzle to encourage independent thinking, emphasizing logic, reasoning, concentration, and perseverance. His puzzles immediately met with unbelievable success and are now used the world over for kids, adults and the elderly. KenKen has proven to be one of the world's best brain exercises for people of all ages, and can now be found in over 200 publications worldwide.
KenKen Classic includes:
- 50 FREE fun math puzzles of every size and difficulty level
- Unlimited FREE 3x3 size puzzles to learn from and enjoy
- Virtually unlimited puzzles, ranging from 3x3 to 9x9 grids, from Easy to Expert
- A variety of color schemes and music (you can even set your own music to play in the background)
- 3 input modes for digits and notes
- Great extra features such as Hints, Check, Undo, Redo, Reset, Pause, and Timer
- Online leaderboards
- Ability to post results directly to Facebook and Twitter
- Ability to email results and invite friends
- KenKen Store to purchase puzzles of all sizes and difficulty levels
What's New in Version 1.94
Great news for puzzle purchasers!
We added a COMPLIMENTARY registration service so you never lose your puzzles, even if you change or upgrade your device.
Kenken is essentially a more interesting version of sudoku, this app does an excellent job and is quite intuitive.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 04, 2016
- Version: 1.94
- Size: 26.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: KenKen Puzzle, LLC
- © KenKen Puzzle LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 250 Puzzles PLUS removal of all ads!$3.99
- 1000 Puzzles PLUS removal of all ads!$7.99
- 31 Puzzles PLUS removal of all ads!$0.99
- 500 KenKen toKENs$0.99
- Annual Unlimited Subscription - Ad Free$14.99