KetoDiet App Basic the original low-carb app from KetoDietApp.com
KetoDiet is not just about losing weight at any cost; it's about adopting a healthier lifestyle. Apart from reducing your carbohydrate intake, you will learn why it’s important to follow a whole foods based approach and include healthy fat sources like olive oil, fatty fish and pastured meat in your everyday diet.
A healthy low-carb diet is an effective weight loss tool as it will keep your blood sugar level stable and your appetite under control. Apart from fat burning effects, a low-carbohydrate lifestyle can additionally improve health conditions including type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and inflammation, all of which increase the risk of developing heart disease.
The ketogenic diet appears to be useful adjuvant to treatment for health conditions such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, type 2 Diabetes, epilepsy and even some types of cancer.
HOW IS KETODIET BETTER THAN OTHER APPS?
1. No subscriptions. Only one optional in-app purchase to enable all the advanced planning & tracking features.
2. Free content added daily including recipes, articles, expert advice and more.
3. Accuracy is crucial for a low-carb diet. For that reason, we don't crowdsource nutritional data. All nutritional data in KetoDiet are based on accurate, verifiable sources.
4. We keep your data private - KetoDiet is not a free app in exchange for your data.
MORE THAN JUST AN APP...
KetoDietApp.com is one the top low-carb websites. More than two million people visit us every month.
- Thousands have already joined our KetoDiet Challenges to stay motivated while following a healthy low carb diet.
- Facebook support group to help you get started and answer any questions you may have.
WHAT IS KETO?
When you follow a ketogenic diet by reducing your carb intake to less than 50 grams of carbs a day, your body will start producing ketones in the liver. You will enter ketosis and start using fat and ketone bodies as energy source. One of the main benefits of ketosis is its ability to suppress appetite. While your ketone levels will increase, your blood glucose levels and insulin levels will drop, leading to satiety. You will naturally eat less and the number of calories eaten will drop.
KETODIET APP HIGHLIGHTS
KetoDiet includes 300 low-carb, paleo & primal recipes plus over 650 FREE recipes from our integrated keto blog. Optional recipe packages can also be purchased separately.
- Detailed and accurate nutritional facts
- Optional ingredients offer more flexibility
- Serving size adjustment
- Favorite recipes to quickly find them
KETO DIET GUIDE:
The KetoDiet approach thoroughly explained. Discover the science behind the ketogenic diet, and find out what ketosis is. Learn why this dietary approach works best and what to eat and avoid on a keto diet. All backed up by scientific references.
FREE MEALS AND ARTICLES:
Continuous updates from our integrated KetoDiet Blog, including FREE recipes, diet tips, success stories, guides, diet plans and product reviews.
- KetoDiet includes an intuitive shopping basket to help you manage your shopping.
- Quickly switch between metric, US or imperial units.
ALL OPTIONAL FEATURES LISTED BELOW REQUIRE A SINGLE PURCHASE TO ENABLE.
- Set you carbohydrate limit and goals
- Built-in Keto calculator to determine your ideal macronutrient intake
- Update your weight, body fat & measurements to track your progress
- Sign up for a free KetoDiet account to sync across multiple devices
- Hundreds of included meals
- Quick 1-ingredient keto snacks
- Your own custom meals
- Restaurant meals
- Branded products with barcode scanning
- Weight & body fat
- Body stats
- Carbs & other macronutrients
- Water intake
- Mood and energy
- Blood, urine and breath ketones
- Blood glucose
- Blood lipids
CUSTOM MEALS & INGREDIENTS:
- Create your own ingredients if you cannot find them in our extensive database.
- Improved existing recipes
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
We love updating KetoDiet with new content and features to help you achieve your goals.
You can help us do even more by rating KetoDiet on the AppStore.
Ratings and Reviews
BEWARE - two versions
I apparently purchased TWO KetoDiet apps - KetoDiet and KetoDietBasic. I have proof in the form of two receipts from the Apple Store that I paid for what I thought was the same product twice, first in Feb 2017, then later for an enforced update. The app (not sure which one), told me I could not use it unless I updated) in July 2017. So it appears that I paid twice to use KetoDiet.
My review experience with these apps has been upsetting because their surprisingly unpleasant “customer support” told me it was impossible to buy it twice, but I guess they FORGOT there are two KetoDiet apps with the same icon (confusing), but one is a Basic version. I still have them both on my phone. Instead of being helpful, and suggesting maybe I’d gotten the two versions confused, they were sarcastic and accusatory. They threatened to report me to Apple for inventing my complaint about paying twice. I did pay twice, unfortunately, Basic or not, and I still think, like their customer service, the interface(s) are not at all user friendly. I recommend CarbManager, better interface, nicer customer service, and their free version is very accessible.
I just saw another complaint about there being two versions, both are labeled “the original” version. This is double-dipping by being intentionally confusing.
Why are there different versions of the basic? I initially purchased for $1.99 and after looking around chose to “upgrade” for an additional $5.99 thinking that the upgrade would give me access to everything....until I got into the recipes and cannot view Keto Coffee recipe unless I “upgrade” AGAIN to be able to see “very low carb” recipes. I then go to the AppStore to see what the heck is going on and the full access app is only $6.99 but by the time all upgrades are done on my basic version I’ll have paid almost $9?!
Well that has just turned me off this app. You should have two versions, a basic (I.E free or very low like .99) and the full version for something more affordable like $5.99. Why have multiple basic apps that cost anything at all?
I have the basic version and unsure if I want to upgrade since it really gives me everything I need. My only critique is that is calculated my protein macros too high and there doesn't seem to be a way to manually change it. Also when you first calculate your macros, the terms "deficit" and "surplus" seem confusing. Some folks have complained that there aren't enough free recipes, but if you read the blog, there are a ton of great recipes. The app also calculates "net carbs" which some other popular apps don't. Can't wait for the barcode scanner to become available.
- Compumaster Ltd
- 217.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Compumaster Ltd 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Extra low-carb edition $1.99
- All-time favorites $1.99
- Easy & simple $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.