Take the KETV NewsWatch 7 app with you everywhere you go and be the first to know of breaking news happening in Omaha and the surrounding area. Always stay up to date with the latest local news, national, sports, traffic, political, entertainment stories and much more. Download the KETV NewsWatch 7 app for free today.
Our Local News, Weather and Sports App Features Include:
- Omaha breaking news alerts with push notifications
- Live streaming breaking news updates from our KETV NewsWatch 7 reporters when it happens, where it happens
- Local news submission area for breaking news, news tips and the ability to email your news photos and videos right to our newsroom to be featured on air
- Up to date, current local weather conditions, hourly Omaha weather updates, and 7 day forecasts
- An interactive radar that lets you zoom in and out to street level and watch storms as they approach. Move the map around to see major weather activity
- Omaha weather alerts and updates, KETV Weather Now Storm Team weather videocasts and more
Simple bug fixes, security updates and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Edited Dec 22:
Foolish me, I decided to watch two UNL dorms come down on the KETV app. I sat through two commercials, Melissa Fry comes on, then they interrupt her mid sentence to run four more. When the fifth came on, I could see it was too late, though I tried to find another website to watch the implosion. Stupid me. I’m deleting this app for good.
I’ve rated this app a 2 Star, now I’m downgrading it to just 1. I was just looking at the KETV page to email the webmaster, when a popup appeared asking me to rate this, which I am glad to do.
This page is awful. The print is so small, it’s unreadable to me. I’ve tried to blow it up so I can read it, but it’s not capable of doing so. Sometimes I’d rather read a story rather than watching, but there is no way I can do so.
I’ll get a notification that there is a news conference to watch, but nothing happens except for a few commercials. I understand I have to sit through them, but then the conference won’t some on, it says something about how there is nothing to watch.
Channel 7 is my preferred channel to watch, but there is no way I can read the news via this app. I choose to read another channel’s web page, where I can blow up the text large enough to read. On the other hand, other reviewers are mentioning the typos, so it mIght be a good thing I can’t read it.
It would be nice if when I clicked on a notification or alert that the app actually took me to that specific story instead of the home page. I end up spending more time trying to find the story in the app than anything else. I usually end up closing the app and then google the story because I have better luck that way. What’s the point of getting a notification or an alert if you can’t click it and see what you are being notified for?
Content can be old
I use this everyday . And of course it has adds . It's free . But the biggest issue I have is how long and old you leave content / old story's on the page . It is quite obvious that no one seems to be working on updating the whole site on a regular basis. Mostly Vuz videos. So for a lot of my daily news I have to go to other sites. I do realize it is a Tv Station and not a paper though...
- Hearst Television
- 103.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018, Hearst Properties Inc. on behalf of KETV-TV
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.