By michael gieson
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Stuck in that "same old chords, same old progressions" rut?
Key Chords helps guitarists discover new chords and new chord progressions.
Ever study music theory?
With Key Chords, music theory 101 is built in. No complicated formulas, theories, Aeolian what?
Drag & drop and role the dice until you discover something that fits your mood. Then learn those chords!
What's New in Version 18.104.22.168
- Compatible for retina displays (iPad 3)
An admirable start!
There's potential here, but some important features are missing.
1. The ability to save your progressions. I tried jumping between this app and my tablature app, but Key Chords resets to the defaults when I return.
2. The ability to see more than one variation for chords other than the tonic. The only way to see more variations on the rest, is to set that chord as the tonic, but then you'll get variations outside the key you wanted. I'd recommend placing a vertical scroll-bar to the right of the chord variations, so you can see additional ones when scrolling down.
1. Add a horizontal scroll-bar to the timeline for longer progressions.
2. Check boxes to filter chord variations e.g., bar chords only, etc.
4. Change the randomize feature to give us variations on our chosen chords, rather than replacing them with entirely new ones.
3. Faster tempos for us metal-heads.
Despite all that, not bad for the price!
Great app needs work
Needs to add mute ( with real samples) to the guitar strokes. This would make this a superior app! Great beginning, keep up the good work.
Like the previous review- would be great to be able to 'save' progressions and strum patterns.
also, I don't see any Maj7 or min7 chords.
looking forward to future enhancements.