Key Detect identifies the key of any sound in real time. Fast & easy with your device mic. Key Detect is developed by Mixvibes, creator of pro DJ apps for 15 years, downloaded by millions worldwide.
////WHEN DO I USE IT
- Detect the key of playing song for harmonic mixing when DJing.
- Train yourself to recognize any song’s key.
- Learn musical theory when playing chords.
- Hit the Key Detect button to identify the key.
- Display matching keys.
- Display key in classic notation or harmonic code.
- Follow the tunes’ tone change with dynamic display.
//// ABOUT MIXVIBES
Mixvibes makes professional DJ software and apps. Downloaded by millions worldwide, its flagship app Cross DJ is available on Mac and iOS. Mixvibes is also the company behind Pioneer’s rekordbox™, the worldwide club standard music management software.
////GET A DJ APP
This version adds several improvements. Feel free to leave a review to let us know what you think and contact us at email@example.com if you encounter any issue.
// Improvements and new features:
- Continuous key analysis: start and stop analysis manually.
- Suggested compatible keys are now displayed in real time.
- Select a suggested key as the current key to display other compatible keys (when analysis is stopped).
- Display previous key values while waiting for the next result (instead of "Sound calibration" message).
- "C" is the default key when opening the app.
Ratings and Reviews
It does work
This is a very simplistic app, that for my limited application, really works. Keep in mind that I have only used it for electronic music on the Camelot key wheel. I finally have a way to get the key of the song off my vinyl records.
In my experience it works best to turn the bass down and place your phone right in front of the speakers. I confirmed the accuracy by doing some controls on music in my engine prime software where the key has already been determined.
Singing but no song key is returned?
This app doesn't do anything. I sing into the app but it does not tell me what key the song is in. It just keeps analyzing and nothing changes on the interface.
Please check to make sure Key Detect is able to use your devices microphone. It should ask for this when you first launch but could have been disabled for some reason. Also feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more help
Not accurate whatsoever
I used a song that know has a fixed key to test this app and it picked up everything but Fb major. It’s a flop and I don’t recommend
Hi Autumnsky, sorry you feel this way about the app. It has been designed to detect the keys of tracks so has to help DJs during mixing or other musicians wanting to know the key of a tune so as to play along with it. It works better on electronic music as we are specialized within this music genre. Want tune have you been trying to detect? Regards
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.