Keybase is a messaging platform where:
• you can write securely to any twitter, reddit, facebook, github, and hacker news user
• you don't need to know someone's phone number or email address
• all messages are secure, end-to-end encrypted
• multi-device: your messages survive and transfer with encryption to new phones & computers
Keybase is so much more. It is:
• free for everyone, and free of ads
• open source (https://github.com/keybase/client)
• multi-platform, w/apps for macOS, Linux, and Windows (https://keybase.io/download)
By using the Keybase app you agree to the following terms:
• you'll be a nice Internet person
Keybase for mobile is brand new and we yearn for feedback. Inside the app, click the gear icon and then choose "feedback" to send us a summary of your experience.
• You can now upload custom user and team avatars from inside the app
• Send chat attachments in the background
• React to chat messages with emojis
• Better chat video experience
• Better 'new messages' line handling
• Simplified some social proof flows
• Simplified provisioning process
• Made some buttons easier to tap
• Better revoke device page
• Fixed a crash when some password fields were too long
Ratings and Reviews
Good, but missing some key features
I like the progress this app has made over the past year. It really shows the developers interest in making Keybase a practical encryption service for everyone. But there are still some basic features missing. Most prominently, there is no share sheet. It is cumbersome to tap share in another app, copy the link, then go home, then open Keybase, then paste and send. Most of the time, it is easier to just not send the message, or use another service instead. Either way, this results in lower Keybase usage.
Good but slow and lacks iPad app
I really like the app, however initial message communication is slow and doesn’t tell the user what’s going on, a spinning wheel would even be better than nothing which the connection is being made. Also, this app could set itself apart from Signal by adding a native iPad app... I would even be willing to pay for that!
The best due to PGP control
Just read about its features for keys.
Love the now I can audit files in the mobile app
- Keybase, Inc.
- 61.1 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Keybase, 2017
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.