By Massively Overrated
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Securely use the same password everywhere.
Learn how to use KeyGrinder http://bit.ly/KeyGrinderHowTo
KeyGrinder uses a simple algorithm to build secure passwords out of easily-remembered information. All you need is a simple word or phrase, and KeyGrinder does the rest.
- No need to remember complex passwords
- Passwords aren't stored in the app or on our servers
- Use the same password to generate multiple secure passwords
- Or use a different password every time for extra security
- Our algorithm means that the same address/password pair will create identical secure passwords within the app and on our website
- Lose or forget your iPhone? Grind your passwords again at keygrinder.com
- No opportunity for data corruption
- Maintain a list of favorite URLs
- Passwords are automatically copied to the pasteboard for faster use
- Included bookmarklet makes grinding passwords even easier
- Turn on Speed Mode and launch the browser immediately when you tap "create"
- Get in and get out with KeyGrinder's simple, elegant interface
- Inspired by and compatible with Stanford University's PwdHash project
KeyGrinder makes it easier than ever to practice good password policy.
What's New in Version 1.9.1
Fix iOS 5 bookmarklet bug.
New khttp:// and khttps:// protocol support.
Does what it says it does in a very usable manner.
I use it regularly. I like how it automatically saves the generated password to the clipboard and also how it saves a list of the websites you enter. For security, when you switch to another app it deletes both the password that you entered as well as the generated password. The generated password stays in the clipboard though so you can paste it where you want it elsewhere. If the app was better looking, I would give it five stars.
Tip: I actually modify the website names in a fixed way (e.g. delete the last letter) when I input them into the generator so that if my hashed password is discovered for a particular account due to a cyber attack, they won't be able to back out my input password because they won't know the real website address that I used to generate the hashed password.
Simple and effective
Works as advertised. It would be nice to be able to save a password so it doesn't have to be entered in, but that is far less secure.
The few negative reviews indicate that those particular users were confused with this tool. If you are unfamiliar, research pwdhash.
Elegant solution so strong passwords that you dont need to remember. Available anywhere, never stored nor transmitted and completely dynamic passwords are a must and Keygrinder helps do that in the easiest way.
Thank you for this, it has changed my password habits forever.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 08, 2012
- Version: 1.9.1
- Size: 2.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Massively Overrated
- © 2010 Massively Overrated
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.