Keynote is the most powerful presentation app ever designed for a mobile device. Built from the ground up for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, it makes creating a world-class presentation — complete with animated charts and cinematic transitions — as simple as touching and tapping.
Start with an Apple-designed theme and add text, images, charts, tables, and shapes with just a few taps. Highlight your data with stunning interactive charts. Draw and write with Apple Pencil on supported devices, or use your finger. Present right from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. Or use Keynote Live to present a slideshow that viewers can follow from their Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and from iCloud.com. Preview your slides and notes on your device using the Presenter Display.
With iCloud built in, your presentations are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• Your whole team can work together on a presentation at the same time using real-time collaboration
• Collaboration is built right in to Keynote on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Keynote for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• Easily see who’s currently in the presentation with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on presentations stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from 30 Apple-designed themes to give your presentations a beautiful start
• Use the slide navigator to quickly skim through your presentation, add new slides, and reorder slides
• Design your presentation using your choice of slide layouts, animations, fonts, and style options
• Import and edit Microsoft PowerPoint files using Mail, a WebDAV service, or iTunes File Sharing
• Quickly open password-protected presentations using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
Create stunning presentations
• Use predefined text styles or choose text options to personalize your slides
• Easily change slide masters and backgrounds
• Use donut charts to visualize data in an engaging new way
• Add an interactive image gallery to view a collection of photos
• Enhance your presentations with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Quickly add your photos and videos from the Photos app using the Media Browser
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers and alignment guides
• Use Instant Alpha to easily remove image backgrounds
• Beautiful cinematic slide transitions for easily creating stunning presentations
• Magic Move effect to effortlessly animate and morph graphics
• Gorgeous slide transitions including Clothesline, Object Cube, Object Flip, and Object Pop
• Impressive text and object animations including Vanish, Crumble, and Fade and Scale
Present to your audience
• Rehearse a presentation with current slide, presenter notes, and timer all in one view
• Keynote Live lets you present a slideshow that viewers can follow from their Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and from iCloud.com
• Present on an external display or projector; navigate slides, view presenter notes; stream wirelessly using AirPlay and Apple TV
• Highlight with Apple Pencil while presenting on iPad Pro
• Turn on iCloud to access and edit your presentations from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Use Keynote for iCloud to access and edit your presentations from a Mac or PC browser
• Keynote automatically saves your presentations as you make changes
Share your work
• Export your presentation to Microsoft PowerPoint or PDF format
• Export your presentation as a movie or images
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Keynote does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
• Adjust text size in presenter notes and invert colors while presenting.
• Easily save drawings to Photos or Files, or share them with others.
• Support for Siri Shortcuts. Requires iOS 12.
• Keynote now supports Dynamic Type.
• Enhance your presentations with a variety of new editable shapes.
• Performance and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
A Magical Palette for Creativity
I have observed that many folks view Keynote as simply an office tool. Indeed, I have made several conventional presentations as an Infection Control Specialist, both before retirement and for Home School children. But Keynote is so much more! Think of Keynote as a painters palette upon which you can gather together many creative elements into a work of art. What are these elements? They might include, photographs, video, music and sound effects, animation, graphic objects, and writing. Each element can interact with one another, for example merge a still photo with an animation. Or perhaps, a video can take center stage surrounded by animation and text. Perhaps, you have the video look like it is playing on a TV set to outdoor movie screen. Or perhaps combine an animation with a sound effect, or combine a musical background with original artwork. Move and time each element to demonstrate your creativity. When your living work of art is complete, you can convert it all to a video which you can share.
Basic Features Missing
As others have stated, dragging to select would be so much more efficient. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve had to select and reselect because of multiple layers of objects...and it just never seems to work properly. I instinctively keep trying to use my Apple Pencil to work with, only to scribble all over my work. Also, why is it that when I group objects together, I can’t link them? For example, I have font on top of a shape and want to link them both to another slide, so I grouped them. I have to link both the text and the shape in order for this to work? I’ve probably spent double the time on my project than necessary if the app just offered basic functions. It’s also incredibly frustrating that when I zoom, the toolbar blocks the top of my slide completely, so the only way I’m able to navigate small shapes at the top of my slide is to be zoomed out...but I can’t use my Apple Pencil to navigate the elements of my slide in place of my fingers!
App Has Stopped Working
This app was good until it simply stopped working. I have created many presentations that required a lot of research for use in my teaching. For almost a year now, the app will not even show all of my presentations and it definitely will not let me open them. I had hoped that all was resolved with the last IOS update. It actually worked...for about a day. It is now back to the non-working mode. I have called Apple, I have visited Apple. No one has a reason or a solution. Thankfully, I was wise enough to at least screen shot my presentations on the DAY that it started working again. At least I can see the information I had used to create my presentations. The same thing has happened with my Pages app. This is highly disappointing and completely unacceptable from Apple. Maybe it would be more understandable if the apps were free, but they are not. They are quite expensive compared to other apps.
- Apple Inc.
- 691 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010 - 2018 Apple Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.