Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Keynote is the most powerful presentation app ever designed for a mobile device. Built from the ground up for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, it makes creating a world-class presentation — complete with animated charts and transitions — as simple as touching and tapping.
Start with an Apple-designed theme and add text, images, charts, tables, and shapes with just a few taps. Highlight your data with stunning interactive bar, column, scatter, and bubble charts. Present right on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. Or use video mirroring to present on an HDTV, and preview your slides and notes on your device using the Presenter Display.
With iCloud built in, your presentations are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a presentation using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser.
Keynote 2.0 is updated with a stunning new design. And with a new unified file format across the Mac, iOS, and the web, your documents are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Get started quickly
• Choose from 30 Apple-designed themes to give your presentations a beautiful start
• Use the slide navigator to quickly skim through your presentation, add new slides, and reorder slides
• Design your presentation using your choice of slide layouts, animations, fonts, and style options
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Import and edit Microsoft PowerPoint files using Mail, a WebDAV service, or iTunes File Sharing
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
• Use Undo to go back through your previous changes
Create stunning presentations
• Arrange the objects on your slides simply by dragging them to the slide canvas
• Use predefined text styles or choose text options to personalize your slides
• Quickly add your photos and videos from the Photos app using the Media Browser
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers and alignment guides
• Use Instant Alpha to easily remove image backgrounds
• Updated cinematic slide transitions for easily creating stunning presentations
• Gorgeous new slide transitions including Clothesline, Object Cube, Object Flip and Object Pop
• New text and object animations including Vanish, Crumble, Fade and Scale
Present to your audience
• Use advanced presentation controls including autoplay, looped, and viewer-guided slideshows
• Use video mirroring to display any presentation on an external display or projector; navigate slides, view presenter notes; stream wirelessly using AirPlay and Apple TV, or use an adapter (sold separately)
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your presentations from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your presentations from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Keynote for iCloud beta
• Keynote automatically saves your presentations as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your presentations to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with a shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the presentation and can edit it with you at iCloud.com using Keynote for iCloud beta
• Export your presentation to Microsoft PowerPoint or PDF format
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy presentations to apps such as Dropbox
• Print your presentations on a wireless printer on your network using AirPrint
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Keynote does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
Keynote for iCloud beta is currently available in English only.
What's New in Version 2.1
• Use the new remote feature to control slideshows on other devices
• New transitions including Droplet and Grid
• Enhanced presenter display options
• Share password-protected documents via iCloud link
• Create charts with date, time, and duration values
• Custom number formats in charts are preserved on import of Keynote ’09 and Microsoft PowerPoint presentations
• Improved compatibility with Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 presentations
• Bug fixes and stability improvements
The [not so] Worst Update of Any App on My Phone
V2.: All three iWork apps took over 3 hours to download on WiFi, and another 2 hours to install. Keynote is now permanently grayed out and in "waiting" state. The only way I can run it is from the appstore. Now, where did I put my 9 pound hammer?
Update (Jan 27):
As you could tell from my initial review, I was quite frustrated with the install process. Both the iPhone and iPad experienced very unusual behavior during iWorks update to 2.1. The installation of each app apparently had to make two attempts for eventual success. The iPhone made two automated attempts while on WiFi, leaving Keynote in waiting state over the weekend. The iPad install was a more painful process. The first attempt appeared to succeed, but later on Friday when I opened the App Store to update other apps iWorks immediately reverted and placed all three apps back to update status. Unfortunately I could not wait any longer and went home for the weekend with 2.1 on the iPhone (but no Keynote) and 2.0 on the iPad. When I was back in the office this morning (Monday) all updated properly and both devices now have the latest version.
As far as the apps themselves are concerned, I've always been satisfied with their performance. The sledge hammer is back in the garage.
Keep The Updates Coming
There have definitely been growing pains with the complete rewrite of iWork for both OS X and iOS, but the document fidelity is absolutely wonderful now and it looks like Apple will keep adding back the missing features and more. Two things I think should be focused on:
1. Please add the Smart Builds feature back to Keynote (for both OS X and iOS). Smart Builds allowed for extremely powerful and professional animations with the simplicity both Apple and Keynote have become known for.
2. Please add the ability for the new remote feature, that is thankfully now built into Keynote for iOS, to activate the laser pointer for both OS X and iOS Keynotes. Currently, the only way to use the laser pointer feature is if you are presenting off of the iOS device itself, but in a lot of cases, users plug in their Mac to the projector and use an iOS device as a remote so they cannot use the laser pointer. It would be perfect to be able to touch and hold on the screen of the iOS device that is connected as the remote and have the laser pointer appear on the device that is actually displaying the Keynote.
Ruined my favorite app :((
I have been using Keynote since the first version and it has literally been my all time favorite software program. In fact it is the main reason why I own an apple despite the rest of my office and employees using PC's. I know the software really well and have a high degree of expertise using it. What I have always loved about it is how intuitive and easy it was to do very sophisticated things.
I like to customize and have always appreciated how easy it was to change colors and use the eye dropper function to create custom colors…now not only I am I held captive to the rigid range of colors for each theme, I can’t even find the topic in the help guide.
I waited patiently for Apple to finally update the program (4 or more YEARS!) and am severely disappointed with the update … which if anything has made the program more like dealing with powerpoint. The only saving grace is that the app is easier to use on the iPad…but please give me back the flexibility to pick my own colors!
I am thankful that I did not delete my old version of Keynote!…at least that still works.
Apple please get it together!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 23, 2014
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 466 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2010 - 2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.