Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Easily create gorgeous presentations with the all-new Keynote, featuring powerful yet easy-to-use tools and dazzling effects that will make you a very hard act to follow.
The Theme Chooser lets you skim through an impressive collection of 30 new and updated Apple-designed themes. Once you’ve chosen the perfect canvas for your presentation, simply replace the placeholder text and graphics with your own words and images. Easy-to-use tools let you add tables, charts, shapes, photos, and videos to slides—and bring it all to life with cinematic animations and transitions that look as though they were created by your own special effects team. Animate your data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts.
Use iCloud to keep your presentations up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a presentation using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly with Keynote for iCloud beta from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser.
With Keynote, you have all the tools you need to make an amazing presentation quickly and easily.
Get started quickly
• Choose from 30 Apple-designed themes to give your presentations a beautiful start
• Use the slide navigator to quickly skim through your presentation, add new slides, and reorder slides
• Engage your audience with new interactive charts and chart animations
• See live on-canvas previews as you animate your slides
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
Easy-to-use graphics tools
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers and alignment guides
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• Professional-level graphics tools
• Use Instant Alpha to easily remove image backgrounds
• Free-form curves, shapes, and masks
• Connection lines
• Updated cinematic slide transitions for easily creating stunning presentations
• Magic Move effect now expanded to animate and morph graphics
• Gorgeous new slide transitions including Clothesline, Object Cube, Object Flip, and Object Pop
• New text and object animations including Vanish, Crumble, and Fade and Scale
• New Emphasis builds let you add impact with one click
Present to your audience
• Gorgeous new presenter display with support for up to six displays
• Recorded narration
• Create self-running, interactive shows for kiosks and displays
• Control your slideshow from iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the Keynote Remote app (available separately from the App Store for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch)
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your presentations from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your presentations from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Keynote for iCloud beta
• Keynote automatically saves your presentations as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your presentations to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with the link will always have access to the latest version of the presentation and can edit it with you at iCloud.com
• Take advantage of image and movie size optimization
• Import a wide range of media types including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD, EPS, PDF, AIFF, MP3, AAC, and MOV
• Share as Movie to Facebook, Vimeo, and YouTube
• Export your presentations to Microsoft PowerPoint, PDF, QuickTime, HTML, and image files
• Choose from many different layouts to print your presentation or create handouts for your audience
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Keynote does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
Keynote for iCloud beta is currently available in English only.
What's New in Version 6.1
• New transitions including Droplet and Grid
• Enhanced presenter display options
• Share password-protected presentations via iCloud link
• Custom number formats in charts are preserved on import of Keynote ’09 and Microsoft PowerPoint presentations
• Create charts with date, time, and duration values
• Improved compatibility with Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 presentations
• Bug fixes and stability improvements
So much worse than previous version
I’ve been using Keynote from the very first version and each new version has been an improvment over the last. Sadly that is no longer true with this version. Version 6.1 is a major step backwards. This latest version emphasizes a clean, uncluttered interface over functionality. Unfortunately a clean interface is a nice goal but not if it takes several clicks to do what used to take just one or two. With the past version I could simply go to the Toolbar to change the font, size, color, or just about any parameter for the selected object. With version 6.1 the Toolbar is merely a link to the Inspector and it now takes several clicks to make even simple changes to an object. And the overly aggressive autocorrect is unbelievably frustrating. I am a scientist/professor and teach college science courses. I don’t expect autocorrect to recognize the scientific terms in my slides. Unfortunately Keynote insist on autocorrecting words it does not recognize no matter how many times I click the “X” in the autocorrect pop-up. Presumably this should tell Keynote to not autocorrect the word but it does not work.
Bottom line- I spend more time fighting/wrestling this version of Keynote than creating with it. This is a truly horrible “upgrade” - even worse than using Powerpoint! Version 5 was so much better.
A Community for Improvement
UPDATE: 29 JAN 2014: (version 6.1) Based upon the below review, I was contacted by Apple’s support team. They asked for all logs related to Keynote and diagnostic information related to my computer. I have given this product a tentative 3-stars, simply for the customer support. I’m glad to see Apple’s customomer service being so responsive. We need the Apple team to continue to be this engaged, and we need it’s customer base to be open and available to provide the detailed data necessary to make the required improvements. I will update on my next use of this product.
DATE: 13 JAN 2014: (version 6.0.1) I just recently started using this product. I have been using it consistently for the last week. In that time, it has shut down, without warning, probably a dozen times. It is highly unstable. I do not recommend this product to anyone who doesn’t enjoy saving their data every 30 seconds or so. It’s that bad. Whatever it’s pro’s might be, they are not good enough to justify dealing with the frustration of the program shutting down and losing your work.
I’ve used Keynote for creating rich presentations and animations for years, viewing it as something between a more capable PowerPoint and a simpler AfterEffects. However, I’m shocked that Apple would ship a product as bug-ridden as the latest version.
Don’t bother inserting photographs or vector images into your presentation because they’ll magically disappear the next time you open the file.
Don’t bother animating images because when they go missing and you have to replace them, you will lose all of your animation.
Don’t bother duplicating slides with images because they’ll also magically disappear.
Don’t bother exporting to Quicktime because Keynote might freeze and break the links to all of your imported media.
Setting the position of an image uses the coordinates of the top left corner. Animating an image uses the coordinates from the center.
And, by the way, if you need to place something at an exact pixel position, make sure you’re zoomed to 100% or Keynote will ignore the numbers you enter.
P.S. If you just need to put text on slides and have them transition from one to another, Keynote is probably fine for you. But you could use PowerPoint or Google Slides for that.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 23, 2014
- Version: 6.1
- Size: 446 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2003-2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later