Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Easily create gorgeous presentations with the all-new Keynote, featuring powerful yet easy-to-use tools and dazzling effects that will make you a very hard act to follow.
The Theme Chooser lets you skim through an impressive collection of 30 new and updated Apple-designed themes. Once you’ve chosen the perfect canvas for your presentation, simply replace the placeholder text and graphics with your own words and images. Easy-to-use tools let you add tables, charts, shapes, photos, and videos to slides—and bring it all to life with cinematic animations and transitions that look as though they were created by your own special effects team. Animate your data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts.
Use iCloud to keep your presentations up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a presentation using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly with Keynote for iCloud beta from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser.
With Keynote, you have all the tools you need to make an amazing presentation quickly and easily.
Get started quickly
• Choose from 30 Apple-designed themes to give your presentations a beautiful start
• Use the slide navigator to quickly skim through your presentation, add new slides, and reorder slides
• Engage your audience with new interactive charts and chart animations
• See live on-canvas previews as you animate your slides
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
Easy-to-use graphics tools
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers and alignment guides
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• Professional-level graphics tools
• Use Instant Alpha to easily remove image backgrounds
• Free-form curves, shapes, and masks
• Connection lines
• Updated cinematic slide transitions for easily creating stunning presentations
• Magic Move effect now expanded to animate and morph graphics
• Gorgeous new slide transitions including Clothesline, Object Cube, Object Flip, and Object Pop
• New text and object animations including Vanish, Crumble, and Fade and Scale
• New Emphasis builds let you add impact with one click
Present to your audience
• Gorgeous new presenter display with support for up to six displays
• Recorded narration
• Create self-running, interactive shows for kiosks and displays
• Control your slideshow from iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the Keynote Remote app (available separately from the App Store for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch)
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your presentations from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your presentations from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Keynote for iCloud beta
• Keynote automatically saves your presentations as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your presentations to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with the link will always have access to the latest version of the presentation and can edit it with you at iCloud.com
• Take advantage of image and movie size optimization
• Import a wide range of media types including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD, EPS, PDF, AIFF, MP3, AAC, and MOV
• Share as Movie to Facebook, Vimeo, and YouTube
• Export your presentations to Microsoft PowerPoint, PDF, QuickTime, HTML, and image files
• Choose from many different layouts to print your presentation or create handouts for your audience
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Keynote does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
Keynote for iCloud beta is currently available in English only.
What's New in Version 6.5.2
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
Still not there
The app is much better with the new release, but even though Apple brought back some of the functions we lost with the unexplained step back of 6.0, there is still one thing I just can’t live without: Quicktime export with manual advance.
Well, for you to understand the need for that, I am a NAUI dive instructor, and I am in charge of developing new presentations for our courses. The distribution has been done in PowerPoint format, but Keynote was better, and I could improve the presentations and use Quicktime export with manual advance to distribute the file. It seems that Apple does not accept that not everybody owns a Mac, since you can’t export with control over your slides anymore. So, I get two options: 1. Export to Keynote 5 and, after quite some time adjusting the presentation, generate a proper Quicktime movie. 2. Export to PowerPoint and spend a lot longer to do the same (since most of my animations are just lost, as this export mode works only for basic presentations). In both cases, once again, there would be no point to use the new Keynote.
Please Apple! Either bring back a proper Quicktime export or develop a Windows viewer, as Microsoft did for PowerPoint. Until then, there is no use for Keynote.
Great at Presentations! Bad at Exporting. :(
Apple dropped a slew of bugs on us keynote fans when they upgraded from Keynote ’09. Although I’m a big fan of the interface improvements to make editing presentations simple and easy, I’m not a big fan of some of the gapingly large bugs/inefficiencies that were the product of this rewrite.
My main issue is with exporting presentations. I’m pretty sure Apple has been aware of this bug for a couple years now, but in all seriousness, is this bug in keynote not important enough to warrant fixing? They grant us the opportunity to embed videos in our presentations, yet they remove the playback of those videos completely in the exported Quicktime file.
If Apple fixes this, they will get their five stars, because otherwise, it’s a pretty well-designed piece of software.
Still can’t put documents into folders from Mac
I was so excited to see bug fixes for Keynote, Pages, and Numbers. But I was so disappointed when the bug that drives me craziest wasn’t fixed. I am still unable to put documents into folders on my Mac. I am able to open it up in my ios device and move it there but it is incredibly annoying to not be able to move them from my Mac. Obviously these three apps are the greatest thing in the world and deserve 5 stars every time. I just want this bug to be fixed.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 08, 2015
- Version: 6.5.2
- Size: 430 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2003-2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later