Keyshape combines vector graphics drawing and animation tools in a single application. Draw and animate icons, banners, and motion graphics for web pages and social media sites.
* Standard vector tools, such as Node, Pen, Pencil, Rectangle, Ellipse, Hand, and Zoom tool
* Immediate preview of the shape you draw
* Boolean path operations
* Text-on-path for curved text
* Linear and radial gradients
* Masks and clipping paths
* CSS shorthand filters
* Timeline-based animations with keyframes
* Easing Presets
* Preview animations on web browsers with a single click
* Animate position, scale, rotation, opacity, stroke opacity, fill opacity, stroke color, fill color, stroke width, dash array, dash offset, path shape and filter
* Open SVG documents created in other vector graphics software
* Copy SVG code directly from Keyshape to a text editor
* Paste SVG code directly from a text editor or web page to Keyshape
* SVG with CSS Animations
* PNG, JPEG
* Image Sequences, Sprite Sheets
* Animated GIF
* MPEG-4 video
* Extensible with plugins
* Added support for Dark Mode (requires macOS Mojave)
* Added option to export embedded or external KeyshapeJS library
* Added a public API to the KeyshapeJS library
* Added an SVG export option to write filters as SVG 1.1 filters
* Added the Constrain Angle preferences option
* Added a Preferences option to automatically locate objects
* Added the Go To menu and shortcut keys to move the Playhead
* Added canvas backdrop color
* Added support for alpha masks
* Changed the left side pane to be resizable
* Changed the color popover hex field to accept basic CSS color values
* Changed the CSS exporter to use the standard animation shorthand syntax
* Redesigned some parts of the UI for the dark mode
* Renamed property "repeating" to property "iteration" and moved it to a popover
* Fixed checkerboard pattern to be squares
* Fixed opacity animations not to flash
* Fixed symbols to render with correct bounding boxes
* Fixed reading SVG files with simple CSS stylesheets
* Fixed reading SVG files with percentage stop offsets
* Fixed exporting fractional document widths and heights
* Fixed documents to open even if the disk is full
* Fixed resized bitmap images to export with correct sizes in SVG exports
* Fixed plugins to be able to set keyframes with custom easings
* Fixed width and height of images and symbol instances to be animatable
* Fixed document object animations in SVG exports
Ratings and Reviews
I got Keyshape for vector animation after getting tired of open-source alternatives crashing every five minutes. Keyshape runs smoothly, is fairly intuitive, and is much more affordable than anything Adobe churns out. I’ve actually started using it instead of Affinity Designer to create non-animated vector images as well, since the tools are much more intuitive.
My only criticisms are more of a wishlist for the developers:
- Give an option to show frame numbers instead of seconds. Makes it easier to coordinate with other animation programs. (I currently use a spreadsheet to do conversions)
- Some more extensive help documentation. There’s currently only a short overview on the website and learning everything is a bit of a trial and error.
Other than that, I’m very happy with this program.
So far it's amazing
I'm using it to animate some effects in a web based mini game. It's exactly what I needed and so far I haven't had any issues.
The learning curve isn't too bad if you have used ANY animation tool before.
SVG animation the right way :)
I’m in love with this software it had everything you will need to make animated SVG, all what I wish for is that they make a direct option to make the path animation.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.