KeyStage is a master controller app designed mainly for keyboard players. With KeyStage, you can simultaneously control any number of hardware and software instruments using any number of MIDI controllers in an organized way.
Each project consists of sections (which corresponds to sections of a song). In each section you can change sounds and sound parameters of connected instruments, create complex splits and layers of your keyboard(s), change the functionalities of sliders/knobs/pedals of your MIDI controllers by creating advanced MIDI mappings, view PDF and JPG files (e.g. sheet music) and lyrics, and much more.
The live console of KeyStage is optimized for live performances. For each section, you can view one of the five live units in the live console:
1. Info Unit, which show an overview of the section including the keyboard ranges, volumes and pitch translations of each instrument
2. XY Touch Surface, where you can assign control change or pitch bend parameters to x and y axis
3. Lyrics Unit, where you can show the lyrics for the section
4. Media Unit, where you can view PDF and JPG files
5. Piano Unit, which is a virtual MIDI piano with a pitch bend
LIST OF FEATURES
• Connect any number of MIDI controller to any number of MIDI instruments by creating tracks.
• Assign any region of your keyboard(s) to any connected instrument.
• Change velocity curve and velocity limits, and create velocity splits and layers.
• Transpose notes and restrict notes to any key using pitch shifter.
• Send program change, bank select and control change messages to connected instruments.
• Create instrument presets to easily change sounds of instruments
by choosing patch names from patch lists. KeyStage can also import Cubase Patch Scripts to automatically create instrument presets for your MIDI instruments.
• Simulate auto-sustain on any connected instrument.
• Change or filter any MIDI signal using custom translators. Use “Relative Control” switch to smoothly change the parameters of your instruments without any jumps.
• Use XY control unit to send control change and pitch bend messages to any connected MIDI instrument.
• Use virtual MIDI piano controller to play connected instruments.
• View PDF and JPG files. Link any page or region of any file to any section.
• Backup and restore your songs and global properties to Dropbox.
• Map special actions (like changing octaves, switching sections, changing pages of a PDF file) to notes and controllers using custom translators.
• Use MPE routing to control any MIDI instrument using MPE controllers like Seaboard. Use custom translators to change the functionalities of each MPE dimension.
• KeyStage supports smooth transitions between sections. Pressed notes will continue to sound when you switch sections.
The lite version has two modes. Mode 1 is the default mode with limited features, whereas mode 2 unlocks all the features, but saving songs are disabled.
LIMITATIONS OF MODE 1
• The number of tracks is limited to 2.
• The number of sections is limited to 5.
• The number of custom translators is limited to 3.
• Each part can have at most 1 custom translator.
• Tracks translators and global translators are not available.
• Advanced functions for custom translators (e.g. Relative Control, Special Actions) are not available.
• Instrument presets and parameters are not available.
• Velocity layering and pitch shifting are not available.
• Sustain pedal filters and auto-sustain feature are not available.
• Virtual piano is not available.
• Advanced XY controls (e.g. Relative Control) are not available.
• MPE routing is not available.
• You can upload at most 1 PDF or JPG file.
• You can backup your songs and global properties to Dropbox, but you cannot restore them.
• Detailed section view is disabled.
• External MIDI control to change instrument patches, parameters and translators of KeyStage is disabled.
You can access demo videos and video tutorials on my Youtube channel.
• A new mode that allows you to access all the features of the full version
• Instrument presets database with auto suggestions
• Setlist management
• Virtual MIDI ports
• Default track color and channels for each MIDI alias
• You can mute/unmute tracks by double tapping on them
• You can control master volume multiplier using custom translators and X/Y console
• Custom translators can now manipulate program change messages
• You can use program change messages to change sections and songs (in setlist mode)
• Portrait mode now shows the control console for parts, tracks, section and the song
• Master volume multipliers lower range is changed to 0
• Bug fixes involving detailed view, undo/redo operations and the solo button
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent customer service
They have answered my YouTube comment questions within minutes.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.