KGW 8 News - Portland
By doapp, inc
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Take the KGW News app with you everywhere you go and be the first to know of breaking news happening in Portland, Oregon, and Southwest Washington and the surrounding area.
Always stay up to date with the latest local news, state, national, sports, traffic, political, entertainment stories and much more. Download the KGW News app for free today.
Our Local News, Weather and Sports App Features Include:
- Portland and Oregon breaking news alerts with push notifications
- Live streaming breaking news updates from our KGW Newsroom when it happens, where it happens
- The ability to send your news photos, videos and breaking news tips right to our newsroom to be featured on air and online
- Ability to comment on stories that matter to you, and share them via email or your social media pages
- Up to date, current local weather conditions, live traffic and weather cameras, frequent Oregon weather updates, and 7-day forecasts
- An interactive radar that lets you watch storms as they approach. Move the map around to see major weather activity
- All weather alerts and updates, KGW News weather videocasts and more
- Investigative reports from our experienced award-winning journalists in the field
- The ability to watch local KGW 8 TV newscasts live or on-demand
What's New in Version 4.27.840033413
Updates and Fixes
Unusable — overrun with ads and persistent App Store redirects
Recent updates have injected far too many ads for this app to be usable any longer.
Ads appear as always-onscreen banners at the bottom of the display, as well as full-block panels mixed in with news story listings.
Those alone would make the app borderline unusable, but worst of all are the forced App Store redirects. In the middle of viewing content, with no user prompting whatsoever, something will force the App Store to open. You will be directed to some garbage sponsored app listing, utterly stopping you from reading an article and thus using the KGW app for the purpose it was intended. Worst of all, when switching back to the KGW app, it will almost always redirect you again immediately.
The KGW app as it stands is completely unusable, and will remain so until this disgusting level of intrusive advertising is removed. I am removing it from my device immediately following writing this review.
Would like to see you spend more time on events pertaining to Oregon and forget about national news. We get that from CNN or FOX and it is usually of minimal interest. Don’t understand why we need to know about a shooting in another part of the country. Also, most of the news reported is negative. Why not report on the good instead of the bad. I don’t need to see a picture of the person responsible for a robbery or shooting. Actually, unless it pertains to my family or me in which the police will inform me, I have no interest in hearing about negative news on local TV.
Ads took over my phone and forced downloads
This app WAS my favorite news app, and would use multiple times a day. But the developer made a recent change and now after a couple of minutes, an ad feature with automatically open the App Store and try to force a download of some game or utility app I’ve never heard of. Even after force quits of the program, it would still somehow get the App Store to open and try to download. Had to remove this program, and the problem disappeared from my phone. Developer has been unresponsive to my concerns, so consider this app DANGEROUS until fixed.
- Category: News
- Updated: Dec 01, 2017
- Version: 4.27.840033413
- Size: 81.8 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: doapp, inc
- © 2017 NEWSCYCLE SOLUTIONS
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.