Khan Academy: you can learn anything
By Khan Academy
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Khan Academy allows you to learn almost anything for free.
In our iPhone app:
- You can learn anything — for free: Over 10,000 videos and explanations at your fingertips in math, science, economics, history, and much, much more
- Quickly find what you need: Redesigned navigation and search make it faster to find what you want
- Keep learning even when you’re offline: Bookmark your favorite content to “Your List” for easy access, and download it to keep learning even when you’re not connected to the internet.
- Pick up where you left off: Your learning syncs between your iPhone and khanacademy.org, so your progress is always up-to-date
In our iPad app, you can also:
- Sharpen your skills: over 150,000 interactive, Common Core aligned math exercises are included with instant feedback and step-by-step hints. Follow along with what you’re learning in school or practice at your own pace.
- Flex your muscles: the app adjusts to give you interactive exercise recommendations that are tailored just for you through the world of math.
- Show your work: the app harnesses the power of writing down your thoughts as you problem-solve with a beautiful, expansive scratchpad. Once you have your answer, just write it in, and we’ll recognize your handwriting (powered by MyScript)!
Learn using videos, interactive exercises, and in-depth articles in math (arithmetic, pre-algebra, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, statistics, calculus, linear algebra), science (biology, chemistry, physics), economics, and even the humanities with playlists on art history, civics, finance, and more.
Spend an afternoon brushing up on statistics. Discover how the Krebs cycle works. Learn about the fundamentals of music notation. Prepare for the upcoming SAT, GMAT, or MCAT. Or, if you’re feeling particularly adventurous, learn how fire stick farming changed the landscape of Australia.
It doesn't matter if you are a student, teacher, home-schooler, principal, adult returning to the classroom after 20 years, or a friendly alien just trying to get a leg up in earthly biology—Khan Academy's materials and resources are available to you completely free of charge.
What's New in Version 3.1.8
Fixes for top crashers and a few UI bugs.
Decent, needs a few bug fixes and split-view support
One of the reasons I bought the pencil for my new iPad Pro is to use it for Khan Academy math exercises. Overall it's working out great. I do get the wrong videos sometimes, when I click on the link from an exercise. Also, the app should support Split View so I can keep my calculator app handy.
Overall, though, I'm very happy with the combination of iPad Pro and Khan Academy app.
Glorified Video App on the iPhone
Basically all you can do with this is watch videos. You can actually do any of the math exercises, at least not on an iPhone, which would seem to me to be the whole point of such an app. I'm usually too tired to actually do any of this math stuff by the time I get home from work, like so many other math students who work full-time jobs. The only time many of us can find to actually practice these skills is on our lunch breaks, and most of us aren't rich enough to actually be able to afford an iPad.
This app has a ton of helpful information, especially for college students. I found the videos very informative and I plan to use this app in the future to better my studying.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 13, 2016
- Version: 3.1.8
- Size: 92.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Khan Academy
- © 2016 Khan Academy
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.