Khan Academy: learn math, biology, chemistry, economics, art history and almost anything for free
By Khan Academy
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** New on iPad only: Over 150,000 exercises with instant feedback ***
Khan Academy allows you to learn almost anything for free.
New in our iPad app, you can:
- Sharpen your skills: over 150,000 interactive, Common Core aligned math exercises are included with instant feedback and step-by-step hints. Follow along with what you’re learning in school or practice at your own pace.
- Flex your muscles: the app adjusts to give you interactive exercise recommendations that are tailored just for you through the world of math.
- Show your work: the app harnesses the power of writing down your thoughts as you problem-solve with a beautiful, expansive scratchpad. Once you have your answer, just write it in, and we’ll recognize your handwriting (powered by MyScript)!
- Track your learning: your learning auto-magically syncs between your iPad and khanacademy.org, so your progress and recommendations are always up-to-date, anywhere, anytime.
On both our iPad and iPhone apps, you can:
- Watch all of our 5,000+ videos
- Read articles on topics from Art History to Coach & Classroom Resources
- Download videos to watch offline at your own pace
Learn using videos, interactive exercises, and in-depth articles in math (arithmetic, pre-algebra, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, statistics, calculus, linear algebra), science (biology, chemistry, physics), economics, and even the humanities with playlists on art history, civics, finance, and more.
Spend an afternoon brushing up on statistics. Discover how the Krebs cycle works. Learn about the fundamentals of music notation. Prepare for the upcoming SAT, GMAT, or MCAT. Or, if you’re feeling particularly adventurous, learn how fire stick farming changed the landscape of Australia.
It doesn't matter if you are a student, teacher, home-schooler, principal, adult returning to the classroom after 20 years, or a friendly alien just trying to get a leg up in earthly biology—Khan Academy's materials and resources are available to you completely free of charge.
Head over to www.khanacademy.org to learn more.
What's New in Version 2.0.8
We are *so* determined to make the app as stable as, say, your knowledge of foundational geometry! This release addresses one of our biggest remaining crashes (rotating + swiping at x=1024 was bad news for our gesture recognizers), and will help us track down some non-crashing errors as well.
Plus, check out new icons in some of the Art History topics! Gorgeous.
Thanks to everyone who leaves reviews! If you're experiencing a problem, please head over to our support page (khanacademy.zendesk.com), or leave a lot of details in your note here. Happy learning!
I am experiencing same issues I see in other comments. Last update was supposed to resolve crashing issues but I find the App to be much worse than it used to be. I can usually watch one video without issue but when I try to watch a second, the issues begin. If I wait until next day, I can once again watch one video and then App begins crashing.
It is a great platform for learning but it is difficult to maintain momentum and also properly track where you left off. It seems to track practice sessions properly, but not what videos have been watched.
Limited unless you use the website too
I had a big review but Apple lost it all because I chose a nickname that was already taken and rather than ask me for a different one it discards the whole review...thanks Apple!
Ok, now to a shortened Khan Academy review / list of requests.
1) Can't enter percent sign on iOS. Bug reports have existed for some time on this...still no action. If there is a way then make it known by creating a lesson on how to input values on your device that you will encounter on Khan Academy. The workaround that I have is to log on to the website and answer the questions.
2) Make it work with a bluetooth keyboard. Frustrating to have my finger writing interpreted the wrong way 5 times in a row. Blue tooth keyboards are great with iPads and would be great if it were useable here too.
3) Error submitting a correct problem. Not sure what's going on here...but it seems to be problem specific. I can skip over the problem that has this issue and continue on with other problems just fine but when I come back to the previous it still fails to update on the server. The only work around is to log on the website and answer it.
Awesome, but crashes annoyingly frequently
The Khan Academy has a great website! It catches the holes in your math education and helps you fill them and move on with short videos explaining each topic and plenty of practice, but not over doing it. That said, the app isn't as great. Same great content, but it doesn't accurately track what videos you've watched and it crashes very frequently. It's still worth using, but is frustrating. The phone app only has videos, and no practice. So, great program, but the apps need work. But for a free app...I've rarely seen one as good!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jul 02, 2015
- Version: 2.0.8
- Size: 78.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Khan Academy
- © 2015 Khan Academy
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.