Khan Academy: learn math, biology, chemistry, economics, art history and almost anything for free
By Khan Academy
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** New on iPad only: Over 150,000 exercises with instant feedback ***
Khan Academy allows you to learn almost anything for free.
New in our iPad app, you can:
- Sharpen your skills: over 150,000 interactive, Common Core aligned math exercises are included with instant feedback and step-by-step hints. Follow along with what you’re learning in school or practice at your own pace.
- Flex your muscles: the app adjusts to give you interactive exercise recommendations that are tailored just for you through the world of math.
- Show your work: the app harnesses the power of writing down your thoughts as you problem-solve with a beautiful, expansive scratchpad. Once you have your answer, just write it in, and we’ll recognize your handwriting (powered by MyScript)!
- Track your learning: your learning auto-magically syncs between your iPad and khanacademy.org, so your progress and recommendations are always up-to-date, anywhere, anytime.
On both our iPad and iPhone apps, you can:
- Watch all of our 5,000+ videos
- Read articles on topics from Art History to Coach & Classroom Resources
- Download videos to watch offline at your own pace
Learn using videos, interactive exercises, and in-depth articles in math (arithmetic, pre-algebra, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, statistics, calculus, linear algebra), science (biology, chemistry, physics), economics, and even the humanities with playlists on art history, civics, finance, and more.
Spend an afternoon brushing up on statistics. Discover how the Krebs cycle works. Learn about the fundamentals of music notation. Prepare for the upcoming SAT, GMAT, or MCAT. Or, if you’re feeling particularly adventurous, learn how fire stick farming changed the landscape of Australia.
It doesn't matter if you are a student, teacher, home-schooler, principal, adult returning to the classroom after 20 years, or a friendly alien just trying to get a leg up in earthly biology—Khan Academy's materials and resources are available to you completely free of charge.
Head over to www.khanacademy.org to learn more.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
tl;dr: Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Our learners are the best–they leave so many reviews like, "Hey, Khan Academy! I love you & your app so much BUT..."
and then they tell us gently how sad they are that they ran into a bug.
So this is the first of several updates to try to alleviate suffering, so you can get right back to sharpening your skills in Renaissance art reconnaissance AND multi-variable calculus.
* More careful saving of your progress–if you struggle through a mastery challenge and emerge victorious, we'll not only celebrate with you but also remember that you did it!
* Fewer crashes
* Fewer main-thread locks (which means you spend less time poking at the app and wondering why it all seems frozen)
* More hope
Keep sending us feedback (khanacademy.zendesk.com is a pretty good place to start) and we'll see you back here soon with some more bug fixes & performance improvements <3
This app is wonderful and i use it everyday. I want to be able to understand low temperature physics and other fields in science and math, such as quantum computing, fractals, quantum mechanics. Thanks for helping me see i can learn anything, and i will. In mu iPhone 4 the app was remembering all of my work, but after the update it began to forget my progress for the first time (which the update said it was meant to fix). Thanks for your work, i look forward to your updates soon.
I use this program on iPads and computers in my classroom last year and this year. I work with students that are making good grades in math, but not doing well on their state assessment test. Last year, all of these kids except one, came up at least 20 points on state assessment test. One student even went from basic to advanced. I would highly recommend this program.
Great Service but unusable app.
I love Khan Academy. Don't let my review impact your view of their service or educational experience. But the app is basically crippled. None of the tabs work at all. You can get to videos and lessons but you have to do so manually. Navigating anything via your profile or other than the main page simply doesn't work. It appears that they are aware of the issues but until they are addressed, I can't recommend this app. We have simple created a shortcut icon to the website which works fine. We use that instead and bypass the app completely.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 13, 2015
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 79.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Khan Academy
- © 2015 Khan Academy
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.