By MIND Research Institute
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
An addictive multistep thinking game from MIND Research Institute's math curriculum featuring JiJi™ the penguin. The goal is to position lasers and mirrors to knock all balls out of the penguin's path. The puzzles start off easy, but get progressively more challenging as you move through the seven intriguing levels.
* Fun way to exercise multistep thinking.
* Raw problem solving without words. Suitable for all ages.
* Includes mind-bending bonus puzzles that look deceptively simple.
* Graphs your progress.
* Rewards quick thinking with time bonuses.
* Supports multiple player profiles.
* From the award-winning creators of STMath®.
* All new puzzles for those familiar with school version.
* Did we mention it's fun?
What's New in Version 1.6.5
That was fun!
I learned about these games from my son, who is in first grade. I think st math is a great program, though I think the challenge levels may be too difficult for young children, because they could negatively affect a child's confidence and natural exuberance. These puzzles are a fun challenge for adults, though, and I wonder what age they are meant for. It took me almost 5 hours to complete all levels in the dreambox standalone app, but I imagine they could be frustrating for many elementary school students.
I tried playing this game before giving it to my children. I don't know if it's a glitch or intentional but the constant flashing hurt my eyes and gave me a headache and I couldn't even play it. I've seen too many warnings at the beginning of video games about the risk of flashing lights and seizures to let my kids attempt this. I love the ST math program, but I'm really disappointed in this app.
Bug! Game screen flashes constantly. Unplayable. Please fix. iPad 3. iOS 8.3
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 18, 2014
- Version: 1.6.5
- Size: 10.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: MIND Research Institute
- ©2011 MIND Research Institute
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.