Kickstarter is a place where independent creators and passionate backers come together to bring new ideas to life. Explore creative projects in art, design, film, games, music, and more, and pledge to your favorites right from the app. Creators can even keep up with their own projects on the go.
With the Kickstarter app, you can:
• Back projects to help make new ideas a reality.
• Stay in the know with updates from projects you’ve backed.
• Save your favorites and get reminders before projects end.
• Share projects with friends via email, messaging, and more.
Project creators can stay up to date from anywhere:
• Easily track your funding progress.
• Keep up with comments and pledges.
• Post updates and respond to backer messages.
Thank you for helping bring creative projects to life.
We’ve been working to make it easier to update your account settings from the iOS app. Next up is the ability to view, edit, and add new payment methods. We’ve also made a ton of improvements to Voice Over accessibility within Settings.
Other notable features & bug fixes include:
- creators can now opt in to the new pledge activity summary email from their notification settings.
Thanks for using Kickstarter and happy backing!
PS. If you love our app, please leave us a review and if you don’t, leave us one too so that we can improve it.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs “back” or simple History
I love Kickstarter. I have the Kickstarter app on my phone, and when I was reading about an awesome Kickstarter project on the web the other day, when I clicked on a link in the review it took me to the app. Great, right?
So I open up the app today to share that with a friend, but the app has reverted itself to some main “popular now” feed. Ok, not what I want, so... how do I find what I was looking at last in the app? How do I find this awesome project? I don’t know it’s name. But it was the last thing I was doing in the app! It’s vanished. No “back”, no “here are the projects you viewed recently”, no nothing. Kickstarter is not doing their creative partners any favors there!
This is simple - add something to just backtrack or know where we were recently in the app, discovering things we didn’t know would speak to us (so we didn’t bookmark or fav them), but now later on and they’re still thinking about them... let us easily find them!
One star and here’s why
First off, the app works fine. It’s functional, easy to navigate and responsive.
My problem is with Kickstarter itself.
I’ve supported several successful campaigns, the majority of which delivered the promised product on time.
However, if the creator of the campaign fails to deliver the product that the supporters backed financially, Kickstarter does NOTHING to intervene on the behalf of the backers. Basically, if the creator decides to keep your money and not provide the product they promised you, Kickstarter doesn’t care. They will not intervene on your behalf. No product, no refund, nothing. No punitive action against the dishonest creator. Nothing.
So if you’re fine with gambling on people being true to their word, Kickstarter should be fine for you. However, when a project is labeled “Kickstarter Gold”, endorsed by Kickstarter, I feel the company has a responsibility as they have now attached themselves to the project by their endorsement.
You’re literally buying a hope and a prayer
Beware. I used this multiple times. The projects I supported would get funded, most of the time well funded. However, just because it’s funded does NOT mean you’ll get your item. Consider yourself an investor in this project, you’re not buying the item. I have funded 5 separate projects. Out of those 5, I have only received 2 items. The others I funded are still on there but won’t communicate with me or anyone else and have been on here for a couple years, I still have no item. We have spoken to Kickstarter, they tell us they won’t do anything. We try communicating with the project owner, we hear nothing. The items seem great, however, the outcome and support for the “investors” is very poor. I’ll never use this again. Why should I if I have no control of the outcome and may never receive the item? You’re literally buying a hope and a prayer.
- Kickstarter, PBC
- 48.9 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2018 Kickstarter PBC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.