By Asmita Bhoyar
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Most smokers want to kick the addiction
You are not alone in your battle against Nicotine. Smoking kills and the only way to survive is to stop now.
This application helps you quit in three simple steps
1. Read articles to understand how to quit and the process.
2. start the quit. We will monitor it for you. Use the day by day video guide as you quit.
3. Protect the quit. For those emergency situations (when the whole world seems to go against you and you must smoke, or when you start dreaming of that great puff) view you-tube videos to help you conquer the moment.
You gain health benefits as you quit
- 1st Hour - Your blood pressure, pulse rate and the temperature of your hands and feet have returned to normal.
- 1 Day - Anxieties have peaked in intensity and within two weeks should return to near pre-cessation levels.
- 72 Hours - Your entire body will test 100% nicotine-free and over 90% of all nicotine metabolites will now have passed from your body via your urine.
Symptoms of chemical withdrawal have peaked in intensity, including restlessness. The number of cue induced crave episodes experienced during any quitting
day will peak for the "average" ex-user. Lung bronchial tubes leading to air sacs (alveoli) are beginning to relax in recovering smokers. Breathing is becoming easier and the lung's functional abilities are starting to increase
-1 Week - The "average" ex-smoker will encounter an "average" of three cue induced crave episodes per day. Although we may not be "average" and although
serious cessation time distortion can make minutes feel like hours, it is unlikely that any single episode will last longer than 3 minutes. Keep a clock handy and time them.
-1 Month - Cessation related anger, anxiety, difficulty concentrating, impatience, insomnia, restlessness and depression have ended. If still experiencing
any of these symptoms get seen and evaluated by your physician.
-2 Months - Your heart attack risk has started to drop. Your lung function is beginning to improve.
-4 Months -Any smoking related sinus congestion, fatigue or shortness of breath have decreased. Cilia have regrown in your lungs, thereby increasing their ability to handle mucus, keep your lungs clean and reduce infections.
-8 Months - Your body's overall energy has increased
-1 Year - Your excess risk of coronary heart disease, heart attack and stroke have dropped to less than half that of a smoker.
What's New in Version 1.2
1. Updated as per ios7 UI Guidelines
2. Added Day by day quit smoking video guide.
3. Supports landscape orientation.
4. Added additional knowledge base articles in "How to Quit" tab