kid CBT*ABC way
By TikalBayTek, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
kid CBT*ABC way! The CBT*ABC way apps from TikalBayTek are to help young kids, teens, and adults practice paying attention to their upsetting thoughts, and practice challenging them with new, reasonable, and truthful thoughts!
And, as kids grow up, they can ‘graduate’ to the teen and adult app versions of the CBT*ABC way to continue practicing positive self-talk!
The kid version of the CBT*ABC way app is for (1) identifying the negative Thoughts and (2) negative Feelings associated with a Situation/Event, then (3) challenging the negative Thoughts, and (4) re-rating the original negative Feelings.
Who can use this app?
* their parents
What types of negative thoughts can kids practice replacing?
Special features of this app
• Simple, interactive, step-by-step approach
• Before and after ratings of feelings
• ‘On-the-go’ way to practice skill-building
• Fun reward page for positive self-talk
• No personal information collected or stored
• Printing and e-mail functions for results and to keep track of progress
• An easy Thought Record for children under the age of 12
• Great homework/practice supplement for counselor-based therapy sessions
• Also appealing and engaging for individuals with intellectual disabilities and/or autism - of all ages!
** No in-app purchases are required, and there are no in-app ads! **
CBT stands for Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, and ABC way stands for
Antecedent (Situation – What is going on?)
CBT is a model based in science (known as an “evidence-based practice”). The ABC way is a Thought Record. When the ideas of CBT and ABC were introduced, Thought Records were done on paper. Thanks to mobile technology, your ABCs can also be done on apps!
This app is not a substitute for counseling/therapy, and is not intended to replace seeking help from a trained health professional. If the child is less than 13 years old, they should only download and/or use the application in conjunction with, and under the supervision of, a parent or guardian.
What's New in Version 1.2
- Added support for iOS 6.0
- Bug fixes for iOS 6.0
- Text layout enhancements
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Oct 15, 2012
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 0.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: TikalBayTek
- © TikalBayTek, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.