Kid in Story Book Maker: Create Personalized Stories with LocoLens™ Photo Editing
By Enuma, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* 5 Stars – “I am impressed and found it difficult to write this review without saying ‘It’s so easy and fun!’ every other sentence. The truth is that it performs as promised, is attractive and no bugs were found while putting it through the motions." Technology in Special Education
* “Kid in Story. Finally a GREAT Social Story App!” Shannon Rosa, Squidalicious
* “An excellent app if you are looking for more creative freedom in your child’s learning experiences.” KinderTown
* “By involving the child in making the social story, the child receives an in-depth social skills session and then the book can be sent to the child's parent or caregiver via email or Dropbox for ongoing reinforcement of the skills. We found the ability to customize the story by placing the child's photo into the scene to be highly motivating and engaging for all users.” BridgingApps
Kid in Story Book Maker makes it easy and fun to create visual stories to support learning, social modeling, and early literacy with your child as the star character.
Kid in Story Book Maker templates come to life when you place your child or student’s picture on every page. The 12 story templates cover a variety of practical and fanciful topics from promoting good hygiene by washing your hands, to a playful exploration of emotions and facial expressions, to a fantasy visit to San Francisco! You can also write your own custom story or modify any of the templates as you see fit.
***Children with Special Needs***
We specifically designed Kid in Story Book Maker to benefit children who use social stories and visual narratives to complement auditory directions, model task analysis and expected social behavior, reinforce routines and to engage struggling readers.
***Teachers, Therapists, and Parents Share Stories for Free***
Kid in Story Book Maker combined with the new FREE Kid in Story reader enables teachers, therapists and parents to share stories they create with students, friends and family.
WATCH THE DEMO - http://bit.ly/ZshJPB
***How Kid in Story Book Maker Works***
To personalize the stories, Enuma’s unique Locolens™ image detection technology allows you to superimpose your child or student onto the template backgrounds - similar to “green screening.” Just snap a portrait (or use one already saved in your library), and let Locolens™ pluck your “kid” out of the picture and place him or her in the story. As the narrator, you can record your own voice or the child’s voice for each page. Once complete, children will enjoy reading their very own personalized visual story and sharing it with others via email or Dropbox.
- 12 ready-made story templates included
- Create custom stories with your own images, text, and narration
- One-of-a-kind technology makes it simple to superimpose your portraits over the visual narrative
- Share via email or Dropbox
- Access to our Community Library to download additional Kid in Story books
***12 Story Templates***
- Let’s Get a Haircut
- Faces I Make
- What Will I See in San Francisco?
- Are Monsters Hiding in My Room?
- At the Playground
- When Is It Time to Wash My Hands?
- A Day at the Movies
- Visiting California
- Cooking with Chef Katie - Smoothie Time!
- Christmas Around the World
- All About Hanukkah
- All About Thanksgiving
Kid in Story Book Maker is designed by Enuma, an award-winning team of game designers and developers closely collaborating with parents, speech and language pathologists, and educators to design a visual story app inspired by children with autism and other special needs.
What's New in Version 3.0.0
- Full support for iPhone/iPod: You can create/edit stories on the iPhone!
Excellent for social stories!
I work with special needs students will be using the app to make social stories. Students respond much better when they see actual photos of themselves in a story. Now I can take photos of the setting and insert the students. This works great for behavior issues that need to be addressed as well as preparing students for new environments.
Even more delightful storytelling with new version
We have created more than 20 stories using this app. My 4yo loves to read them over and over again on Saturday mornings as I try to catch more zzzzz. The new interface is more delightful than before. Little details help to make the story making experience more endearing. Great app!
Great story making app
Great way to create personalized stories for your kids. My daughter likes to change the photos and listen to her own recordings. Great tool for learning to write and having a medium to create.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 07, 2014
- Version: 3.0.0
- Size: 91.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Enuma, Inc.
- © Enuma, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.