brightwheel: Attendance, Daily Reports, & Billing
By DSSV, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome SHARK TANK fans! The only all-in-one platform for early education is now part of the Shark Tank family - with investments from Mark Cuban and Chris Sacca.
Brightwheel is everything you need for your school, childcare, after-school program, camp, or Sunday school - all in one app. Join the thousands of programs across the globe that have fallen in love with brightwheel!
It’s easy to get started and free for schools, teachers, and parents.
SCHOOLS / CHILDCARE / CAMPS: Manage your classrooms and students, track attendance, track staff time in/out with real-time ratios for each room, share photos, communicate with parents, and send paperless invoices + collect tuition right to your bank account. We have worked tirelessly with teachers and administrators to make it all simple and seamless.
PARENTS: Get a real-time feed of photos, reminders, and updates on your child's day. Using brightwheel’s digital check-in, you can securely sign in/out at school. You can also invite grandparents, nannies, and friends. And you can finally pay tuition online - in one click.
Features of the brightwheel platform include:
• Student Check-In: Parents can sign in on any phone or tablet with a simple tap. You can also enable 4 digit check-in codes, which licensing offices accept as a substitue for a physical parent signature.
• Staff Check-In & Ratios: Manage staff check-in from a single place, and see your ratios across all your rooms in real time.
• Photo sharing: Snap photos and tag students with one click. Automatically saved to your account and shared with parents (with no extra work!).
• Daily Reports: Log naps, meals, bathroom, and other activities with one click. Parents get a feed and daily summary.
• Paperless Billing: Seamless electronic billing and payments for tuition and fees.
• Assessment & Observations: Make note of progress, achievements, and activities. Share with parents or privately amongst teachers.
• Parent Communication: Send notices and call parents right from within the app. And now parents can send preset messages to teachers: running late, picking up early, or not coming in.
• Student Feed: Parents get a personalized feed throughout the day. Save time – no more paper tracking sheets or sending individual photos.
• Seamless Sync: Brightwheel stays up to date across all phones and tablets – so teachers can use their own device or a school device.
• Central Database: Store everything related to kids and families in one secure place.
• Reporting: Detailed reports of every brightwheel feature for billing and licensing requirements.
• Calendar: Share events, holidays, and important dates with both families and staff.
• Web Portal: Easy management and great functionality available on the web too.
And... much more coming! Brightwheel is the early education platform that is committed to innovation with frequent improvements and new features.
What's New in Version 2.7.20
New for administrators and teachers:
• You can now select multiple photos to upload from your camera roll!
• Performance improvements
Other recent updates:
• Move Rooms: Now you can easily move students around during the day. Once a student is checked in, simply tap and hold the profile photo to move to a different room. Unlike a check in/out, parents will not get a notification for moving rooms.
• Sent Messages: you can now see all of your sent messages.
• Improved Student Feeds: You can now easily sort student feeds to see just photos, learning, notes - whatever you'd like.
Love the app for sharing pictures of our classroom!
We use this app in our preschool classroom to share photos of our day. It is such a quick and easy way to share pictures with parents, grandparents, etc. I love to hear our parents come in at pick up time saying, "I know my child had a good day today, because I saw their smile on Brightwheel!"
Good app, but needs more features
We have been using Brightwheel for about 2 months now. I think the "Daily Report" feature is nice, but I would really like to be able to see:
-messages in Conversation format
-how much food has been eaten at each meal and at snack (most, half, barely)
-a summary sheet that includes mood / notable activities from the day
-data in graphical form
(Naps duration and times, total hours of napping every day, etc, volume of each beverage, etc)