By University of Arizona
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Join the disease detection app revolution and download Kidenga today.
Kidenga is an app that gives you the power to help detect possible mosquito borne diseases like Zika, dengue and chikungunya in your area and report mosquito activity.
What you’ll find in the app:
• Real-time information on the presence of people in your community that have symptoms that might suggest a mosquito-borne illness and the presence of mosquitoes.
• A friendly reminder once a week to report whether you and your family members are healthy or sick and if you have noticed mosquito activity in or around your home.
• Educational information to help protect yourself and your family from mosquitoes and the diseases they carry. Includes important information for pregnant women.
• Users in some U.S. states will be able to check which counties in their states have confirmed cases of people with Zika, dengue, or chikungunya reported officially by health departments.
• Your info is 100% confidential – We NEVER share your data!
(User data is kept confidential, and only aggregate data will be displayed along with other users in your zip code.)
What's New in Version 1.6.0
Bug fixes and improvements.
Skeeters Be Gone!
This app is great for those of us who want to help contribute to the tracking of diseases like Zika. We get to enter our information in and then see what the app has aggregated from all the other users. The more users, the better the tracking, so hopefully the creators can figure out a way to get more folks signing up. I'd also add that I have felt great since I started using the app, so it's effective from that angle, too, haha! But in all seriousness, I have consciously been looking for mosquito breeding spots and applying more bug repellent! They should have called this app Skeeter Beater. What in the world is a Kidenga anyway? Hence the four stars.
Stay informed during mosquito season
Increased mosquito activity is predicted following Hurricane Harvey and it's important to stay informed on the rise of mosquito populations and possiblity of mosquito-borne diseases. The Kidenga app allows you to track mosquito-borne diseases in your area and provides important educational information on how to keep you and your family safe from these diseases. It also allows you to contribute as a citizen scientist by entering weekly health surveys to help scientists track these diseases.
Good for mosquito-haters and 'disease detectives'
Let's the public help track down diseases like Zika....and whatever disease may becoming our way next. Also really good for helping u figure out where your mosquitoes might be coming from, and what you can do to get rid of them. It's surprising. Would also be good for science classes I think.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Aug 25, 2017
- Version: 1.6.0
- Size: 46.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: University of Arizona
- ©2017, Arizona Board of Regents on behalf of the University of Arizona.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.