Kids Learn Mandarin Free - A Fingerprint Network App
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Kids Learn Mandarin is a fun, educational game that will teach your child to speak, write and read over 200 Mandarin Chinese Words.
Kids Learn Mandarin Free includes the Numbers lesson: 8 fun Games, 1 Movie, and 20 collectible stickers - Free. Eleven additional Chinese lessons can be purchased separately or complete.
Produced in partnership by the Digital Learning Company and Fingerprint Digital, The Full Kids Learn Mandarin Game is a comprehensive and curricular approach to kids' Chinese learning, teaching over 240 Mandarin words through playful and progressive games and activities. Pei Pei the Panda hosts the language-learning adventure, which includes 9 fun and unique games like Turtle Hop, Balloon Pop and Shooting Hoops. Each game is designed to help children ages 2-8 achieve mastery over key Chinese vocabulary. Each lesson also features a Music Video, Chinese Character Writing Practice and a Playground that kids can decorate with Stickers they earn as they play.
All lessons are delivered in clear Mandarin with English narration and encouragement for your child. The full product includes:
Lessons may be purchased individually – or as a Premium Package:
• Numbers (included in initial download)
• Colors & Shapes
• Fruit & Vegetables
• Family & Occupation
• Body Parts
• Toys & Transport
• Sport & Hobbies
• Things at Home
• Eating & Drinking
• Nature & Outdoors
Your child will be guided on a learning adventure across China playing our fully interactive series of fun and progressive games. Each lesson includes ALL of the following games:
• CLAM AQUARIUM Game –Tap the clam with best matching Mandarin word pictures to see what pops out.
• SHOOTING HOOPS Game – Flick the basketball into the hoop with the correct Chinese word.
• TURTLE HOP Game – Cross the river by hopping on the turtle shells with matching Chinese word.
• BALLOON POP Game – Listen in Mandarin and burst the balloon with the best matching word picture.
• COCO CLIMB Game – Climb the palm tree by tapping the coconut with best matching Chinese word picture.
• TIC TAC TOE Game – Flip the tile with the best matching Chinese word picture to get 3 in a row.
• HOT AIR BALLOON Game – Tilt to catch the correct falling words in your basket.
• BRUSHSTROKE IN THE SAND Game – Learn to write Chinese characters on the sandcastle.
Kids Learn Mandarin Free is part of the Fingerprint Network of educational games for Learning and Play. Fingerprint offers a range of features to support the whole family including:
- A Shared Family Account makes it easy for kids and parents to share a device and allows parents to track the game play and learning of multiple children under a single account.
- In-App messaging lets children and parents to send one another fun and encouraging messages.
- A curated Game Catalog suggests new Apps based on your child's interests and learning levels.
- Parent Controls protect your child by keeping In-App-Purchase behind a parent gate.
What's New in Version 1.5
Music on/off, various bug fixes and enhancements
One of the best kid Mandarin Apps
I bought the full pack and I'm glad I did. It is good for both my four and six year old, and they have learned a lot of vocabulary. The games test what they learn and reinforce well. They are not learning sentences, but just vocab. It would be vastly improved if there were pinyin visible during the "movies" which are basically just songs. With translation, because we have no idea what they are singing. It's too much too quickly to really be a learning tool unless the parent is also a Mandarin speaker. The reward sticker book could be so much more useful if we heard the Mandarin word for the sticker when they tap on it. Also, though the calligraphy isn't very useful, if we could hear the word pronounced again when we tap on the object, it could reinforce vocabulary and pronounciation. But still, it's one of the better apps out there.
Superb Introduction to Mandarin
This app provides an outstanding introduction to basic words in Mandarin. It will not get you speaking the language, but it will definitely allow you to learn some common words and characters. The app introduces words, then uses a standard quiz format to reinforce the vocabulary. Perhaps the only shortcoming in the game is that from module to module, the games/quizzes remain the same. It would be nice if the selection varied a bit from module to module , just to keep it fresh. That being said, it is not enough to warrant taking away a star. Just a recommendation for the developers in a (hopefully) future update.
It's a well developed app
It's good to use to get the basic common vocabulary down however it is lacking complete sentences. So it
Could use a little tweak here or there but besides that I recommended it to all kids or adults who want to learn Chinese... I mean you have to start somewhere... Baby steps my friends. Can't just expect to learn Chinese a whole night without the basic knowledge.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Feb 11, 2014
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 144 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Fingerprint Digital, Inc
- © (c) 2013 Fingerprint Digital, Inc. All rights reserved. Fingerprint, Fingerprint Digital and the Fingerprint "thumbprint" logo are trademarks of Fingerprint Digital, Inc. (c) 2013 Digital Learning Co., Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Full Pack$12.99
- Basic Pack$9.99
- Colors and Shapes$1.99
- Basic Pack to Full Pack Upgrade$6.99
- Fruits and Vegetables$1.99
- Body Parts$1.99
- Family and Occupations$1.99
- Eating and Drinking$1.99
- Nature and Outdoors$1.99