By Common Sense Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Millions of parents rely on Common Sense Media's age-based ratings and expert reviews to find the best entertainment for their kids. Now parents can access thousands of ratings and reviews -- on the go -- with the new, free Kids Media iPhone and iPad app. Take our whole database of movies, DVDs, TV shows, books, music, apps, websites, and games reviews with you wherever you are, even if you're offline. Get recommendations from Common Sense Media's editors and create age-based profiles for your kids to personalize your search for quality media before renting, buying, watching, or playing.
• Offers instant access to Common Sense Media's 20,000 in-depth expert reviews of entertainment and digital titles
• Detailed reviews give parents critical content info, including amount of violence, sex, language, positive role models, and much more
• Learning ratings and reviews give detailed advice on which apps, games, and websites are best for learning at any age
• "Apps for learning" highlights the best iOS apps for learning--and lets you purchase those apps right from the review
• "My Kids" feature allows parents to tailor selections based on their own kids' ages
• Top Picks lists let parents discover new favorites and see our editors' latest recommendations
• Watch video reviews of top movie releases
• Save reviews as favorites or share with friends on Facebook or Twitter
• Easily purchase products in iTunes directly from reviews
• Quick search and bar code scan make it easy to check reviews before purchasing or watching
• "Explore, discuss, enjoy" gives families talking points about the media they view together.
• Get notifications when new reviews are posted
• Available for iPhone and iPad
• Optimized for iOS7
Note: you cannot view actual media in our app (except for our video reviews), though we do offer iTunes links.
What's New in Version 3.0.3
Minor bug fixes.
A great tool for parents
We are parents who like to know why a movie has a particular rating so we can decide if it's appropriate for our children. We get answers to all of our questions on the site so we can make decisions based on specifics for a particular movie. This is especially good for determining exactly what foul language earned a movie it's PG-13 rating and if it's okay for your kids.
I am so happy that I have this app now! I use it for every tv show, movie, app, song, and game my kids or students have access to. Thank you for creating such an amazing app to help take the worry out of wondering if any and everything above is appropriate for my girls or students. I can't wait to write about it in my school newsletter! Every parent and school should access this app!!!
I enjoy knowing what to expect out of a movie when taking the family out. Better then just a warning label. Thank you.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Feb 24, 2014
- Version: 3.0.3
- Size: 9.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Common Sense Media
- © Common Sense Media
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.