Kids Media - Reviews of Movies, Games, TV, Apps, Books, Websites
By Common Sense Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Common Sense Media helps families make smart media choices. We offer the largest, most trusted library of independent age-based and educational ratings and reviews for movies, games, apps, TV shows, websites, books, and music. Our free Kids Media iPhone and iPad app puts the power of our entire library of ratings and reviews into the palm of parents’ hands wherever they go. Find out what movies are right for you kids. Discover the best apps that make learning fun. And create profiles for your kids to personalize your search for great media that helps your child thrive. Plus, get movie showtimes and download products directly from iTunes right from our free Kids Media app.
• Get instant access to Common Sense Media's 20,000 in-depth expert reviews of entertainment and digital titles, now with links to download or purchase from iTunes and Amazon.
• Detailed reviews give parents critical content info, including amount of violence, sex, bad language, positive role models, and much more.
• Want a second opinion? See reviews and ratings from parents and kids right from the app.
• Learning ratings and reviews provide detailed advice on the educational value of apps, games, and websites.
• "Apps for Learning" highlights the best iOS apps for learning--and lets you download those apps right from the review.
• "Picks for My Kids" feature allows parents to create profiles for each of their kids to personalize their search for age-appropriate movies, games, apps, TV shows, websites, books, and music.
• “Best Lists” are hand-picked lists from our editors to help parents discover the very best media for kids.
• "Families Can Talk About” feature gives parents conversation starters to talk to their kids about what they are watching, playing, and reading.
• “Get Showtimes” allows you to search for movies in theaters near you without leaving the app.
• “See it in iTunes” lets you easily download movies, TV shows, and apps, and iBooks in iTunes directly from reviews.
• Watch video reviews of top movie releases.
• Save reviews as favorites or share with friends on Facebook or Twitter.
• Get notifications when new reviews are posted.
• Available for iPhone and iPad.
• Optimized for iOS8.
Note: you cannot view actual media in our app (except for our video reviews), though we do offer iTunes and Amazon links.
What's New in Version 3.2.1
crash fixes for iOS 7 and other improvements.
Search function not working on update
I LOVE Common Sense Media. I swear I reference it daily. But this new version is driving me crazy because the search function isn't working. I have an iPhone 5. Please fix!
One more thing - movie length times. I was really hoping to see this added in the update. Can it be put under movie details?
Thanks for a great app.
I'm rating it 4 only because of bug. Otherwise it's a 5 star.
Not just for parents
I found out about Common Sense Media when I was working in schools. As a non-parent adult, I still use their reviews when I'm looking for a new movie to watch. Super detailed reviews, they don't just take into consideration whether it's kid appropriate but also the general quality of a film.
GREAT app for parents & all adults!!
Love that I heard about this app, and also appreciate that they give no recs for under 2 yrs old, w/all latest research that kids should have no screen time at that age. My only daughter's 6 months d but I still use this app for curiosity, learning, and my nieces/nephew.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: May 11, 2015
- Version: 3.2.1
- Size: 60.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Common Sense Media
- © Common Sense Media
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.