A self paced educational learning app that teaches children how to spell more than 500 common English words. The learning process is accomplished in three stages: learning, practise and checking.
The program consists of word sets beginning with easy three letter words and working up to eight letter words as well as theme based words covering subjects such as animals, colors, fruit, shapes, numbers transportation and vegetables.
In learning mode, the program shows a picture of the new word being learnt and the word is read aloud, the completed word is also shown momentarily. Children can then select the letters that make up word with the ability to revisit the completed word as many times as necessary.
In practise mode, the completed word is not shown, but feedback is provided to indicate whether the word is spelt correctly with advancement to the next word only possible when the word has been correctly completed.
In check and test mode, no hints on the correct spelling of the word are provided and all letters of the alphabet are options to be selected.
This app is suitable for preschool children wanting to get a head start on spelling before starting school as well as older children who are already at school and who want to further improve their spelling and word recognition skills.
From the award winning educational game developer.
Kids Spelling Fun has:
• a large variety of over 500 English words to learn
• high quality images set against colourful scenes that look great on High Definition (HD) and retina displays
• spoken pronunciation for every word
• the ability to learn using either uppercase or lowercase letter tiles
• self paced learning in three distinct modes: learning, practise and test modes
• increasing difficulty starting with easy three letter words and working up to eight letter words
• additional word sets that cover specific topics such as animals, colors, fruit, numbers, shapes, transport and vegetables
• no advertising
Kids Spelling Fun comes with a selection of free words to learn which can be easily upgraded through a single low cost in-app purchase to enable all 500+ words. By upgrading from the Free App to the full version you’ll also be entitled to all features added in future releases.
We hope you and your children enjoy playing what we believe is one of our best early education games for preschoolers and school age kids.
Please also check out our other puzzle games and acclaimed kids educational apps at http://espacepublishing.com or follow us on Facebook for the scoop on new app releases and free giveaways at http://facebook.com/espacepublishing.
Improved responsiveness on slower devices
Ratings and Reviews
- Espace Pty Ltd
- 94.1 MB
- English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Espace Pty Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.