KidSpeak™ was created by the Child Life Specialists at TMC for Children with the goal of helping families and young patients become familiar with the Tucson Medical Center facilities as well as to make sense of the complicated medical terminology doctors and nurses sometime use.
The app includes:
- Virtual tours of more than 20 different rooms in the hospital
- Over 200 common medical terms are defined in easy to understand language
- An interactive digital whiteboard that includes simplified medical illustrations
- Everything in the app is available in both English and Spanish
About Tucson Medical Center and TMC for Children
Tucson Medical Center (TMC) is Southern Arizona’s leading provider for emergency care and pediatric care (including Tucson’s first Pediatric Emergency Department), with top-notch intensive care units for adults, children and newborns. Other specialty areas include women’s, maternity, cardiovascular, orthopaedic, neuroscience, hospice, imaging and senior services. TMC for Children offers kids a place to read, watch television or play video games outside of their room. And children who are well enough can play outside in a secure playground. We integrate patient and family centered care into all aspects of the hospital experience.
About MediaKube LLC
MediaKube is an award-winning developer of mobile apps and other creative digital media. For over 12 years, MediaKube has helped companies of all sizes use technology to communicate effectively with their target audience.
v1.51 - Minor bug fix
v1.50 - iOS 10.3 and 64 bit compatibility
Ratings and Reviews
Great resource for TMC pediatric patients, families and the staff!
- MediaKube, LLC
- 82.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Copyright © 2017 TMC HealthCare and MediaKube, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.