By Kik Interactive Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Kik is way more than just messaging. It’s the easiest way to connect with your friends, stay in the loop, and explore – all through chat. No phone numbers, just pick a username.
• Choose who to chat with one-on-one and in groups
• Share pics, videos, gifs, games, and more
• Meet new friends with similar interests
Get on Kik now. Start chatting!
What's New in Version 11.21.0
• Introducing photo filters! Just swipe left/right after taking a photo to apply different photo filters. Easy.
Few small tweaks/recommendations
Great app. I've used it for years, usually for communication with my gaming communities, and people I don't know well enough to want to exchange social medias. My personal list of changes I would like to see are, first, an extra button to confirm video calls. Hitting this button sometimes gives me a heart attack, when I'm out in public, or not presentable for camera. A simple "Would you like to start a call with _?" Would do wonders. My second change, Kik camera. It has NEVER worked for me. I've always had to go out of the app and use my iPhone camera, then relaunch and send that photo. Kik camera sometimes sends multiple photos even though I only took one, and sometimes freezes and crashes the app altogether. My third change would be an extra setting for previews. When you turn on previews, you can view part of the message you're sent as well as the sender. I want this; but I also do NOT want whatever they wrote to be displayed to my nosy friends and family. Just a push notification saying "New Kik message from _!", added to the settings would make me ecstatic. Last change is for group chats. It would make it a lot easier to interact If I could change wether the group is private or public at my own discretion. Just a simple toggle switch between public/private would be nice.
What went wrong over the years??
I used to have nothing but good things to say about kik.. But ever since they updated and added all kinds of things that almost no one uses. I know I wouldn't use that video chat to save my life; the whole app lags now because of these new updates. I send texts and the other won't receive because the app lags so much, even I experience the lag to the point where the whole app crashes and my screen goes black for a few seconds until it takes me back to the home screen. I'm honestly sick of all the crashing and the lag that makes it so hard to text my friends.. I'm thinking about getting rid of the app and saving space on my phone if these problems aren't fixed. Problems being the video chat that is lagged, and has no purpose if you can't see yourself, also the app crashing often.. Oh! And let's not forget the fact that when you're texting sometimes the send button won't comply and fulfill its purpose, which if you haven't noticed says SEND... Yet it can't even do its one job. I'm not expecting immediate results, I know this will take a bit of time.. Thank you, have a nice day!
Please fix (bugs, glitches, etc.)
Kik used to be a great application, I used it to communicate with online friends and such instead of giving out my phone number. It used to work smoothly, but ever since video chatting was added it's gone downhill.
1. The video chat option is completely garbage. It's small, easy to hit by accident, and gives me no option to ask if I would like to start a video call, instead it goes ahead with it. Either fix the video chat option or remove it all together.
2. Everyone's been getting notifications from chats, but when we open them they don't show up. Even if you restart your phone, app, or even delete it all together. Fix this glitch because it is EXTREMELY irritating to ask what they've sent every five minutes.
3. Don't have stickers send automatically. I've hit it SO many times and it sent automatically leaving the other party confused.
Please fix your app, it has a lot of bugs and things wrong with it that it shouldn't.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: May 25, 2017
- Version: 11.21.0
- Size: 152 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Kik Interactive Inc.
- © 2017 Kik Interactive Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.