Killer Sudoku is a fun and challenging variant of Sudoku. If you love Sudoku, why not give Killer Sudoku a try?
As with Sudoku, the objective of Killer Sudoku is to fill the grid with the numbers 1 to 9 such that each row, column and nonet (3x3 group of cells) contains each number only once. In addition, a Killer Sudoku grid is divided into a number of cages, shown with dashed lines. The top-left corner of each cage shows the sum of the numbers within the cage. The same number cannot appear more than once in a cage.
There are ten puzzles included for free, and hundreds more available for download. The puzzles are graded into difficulty levels, all excellent quality and with a unique solution.
This version is packed with new features, and a few bug fixes, including:
- Multi-cell selection: multiple cells can now be selected and updated together
- Automatic sum: highlight multiple complete cages and they will be summed automatically for you
- FILL button: fill the selected cell(s) with all possible numbers based on each cell's cage
- CLEAR button: clear the selected cell(s)
- Long press (hold down) a number to enter it as a final answer and remove all other numbers from the selected cell
- Option, on start-up, to return to the puzzle from your last session
- Improved layout and clearer text/images on some devices
- Undo now undoes Combinations tab toggles (fade in/fade out) as well as cell contents
- Usage tips
Ratings and Reviews
For experts. Now you also need to match the total number given in each cell cluster.
Clear Button Makes it Perfect!
The one thing this app was lacking was a button to clear a box all at once, instead of having to press each number key again (or doing multiple Undos if they were the most recent ones added). It now has this capability, so if I didn't rate it a 5 before, I have rated it a 5 now. The ability to now sum the cages is icing on the cake. The option to keep the numbers in ascending order (which is the default) is welcomed because two other Killer Sudokus I play on my iPad - the Sudoku Killer app and online at the Killer Sudoku Online web site - only keep the numbers in the order in which they are entered, with no toggle option to my preferred ascending order. The one thing I'd like to see changed is to keep my preference to not see the timer across all games and to not show my "best time" in the games index. I do not want to be timed when I play Killer Sudoku. One more thing that would be great would be to be able to load the Killer Sudoku puzzles from the web site maintained by this developer into the app. (I would pay for this capability on a one-time but not subscription basis.) In the meantime, I'm going to need more Extreme Puzzle packs soon! Three won't be enough!
This is by far the best killer sudoku app I've tried. It's intelligently designed and very well presented. A real winner.
- James Gibbs
- 2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 James Gibbs
- In-App Purchases
- 100 Moderate Killer Sudokus #1 $0.99
- 100 Easy Killer Sudokus #1 $0.99
- 100 Mixed Killer Sudokus #1 $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.