By University of Oregon Digital Press
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
KinderTEK® teaches important early math concepts through animal adventures around the world. This version of KinderTEK is a standalone app. It does NOT use WiFi.
• Ideally suited for additional instruction or practice with kindergarten and young students, and for preschoolers getting ready for kindergarten
• Use at home or in classrooms with 1-2 iPads (iPad 2 or later recommended for optimal experience)
• Content and pace are differentiated for each learner
• Common Core Kindergarten Mathematics standards focused on whole number:
- Counting and Cardinality (K.CC)
• Know number names and the count sequence (K.CC.A)
• Count to tell the number of objects (K.CC.B)
• Compare numbers (K.CC.C)
- Operations and Algebraic Thinking (K.OA)
• Understand addition as putting together and adding to, and understand subtraction as taking apart and taking from (K.OA.A)
- Number and Operations in Base Ten (K.NBT)
• Work with numbers 11-19 to gain foundations for place value (K.NBT.A)
• Persistence and learning are rewarded with stickers, photos, and badges
• As children play KinderTEK’s research-based instructional games, they use powerful math tools (number line, ten frame, and 100s chart) to scaffold their learning. At the end of each session, they spend time in an Activity Center where they can see their progress, customize their scrapbook, complete a puzzle, or play a matching game.
• Adults can customize app sessions and features, maintain a log, and view and export learner progress reports.
Capacity: 30 individual learners
Requirements: iOS 9 or later required
Visit www.kindertek.com for more information about the app, curriculum, research, implementation resources, and to contact us for help and suggestions. See KinderTEK Pro-Research app for classroom/school-wide use; currently available to CTL/UO research participants.
KinderTEK was developed as a collaborative effort between the Center on Teaching and Learning at the University of Oregon and Concentric Sky, Inc.
What's New in Version 2.2.4
Minor stability improvements to keep functionality inline with the KinderTEK Research app.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 07, 2017
- Version: 2.2.4
- Size: 501 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: University of Oregon Digital Press
- © 2017 University of Oregon and Concentric Sky, inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.