By AMZN Mobile LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Turn your iPhone or iPad into a Kindle with the free Kindle app, and carry all your eBooks with you, wherever you go. eBooks (including those with narration) that you have purchased on Amazon will automatically appear in your app. Kindle Unlimited and Amazon Prime members can select and download eBooks directly in the app.
What you’ll get:
• Sample any eBook for free
• Magazines, newspapers, graphic novels and textbooks with high-res color images
• A customizable reading experience with your choice of font style, size and more
• Comfortable reading day and night with adjustable screen brightness and page color
• Discover and download Kindle Unlimited eBooks and magazines
• Unique features like X-Ray, Whispersync, Page Flip, Print Replica, flashcards and more
• Instant translations and definitions, without leaving the page
• Ability to make and share in-page highlights
• Bold font and text size options
• Access to local library eBooks
What's New in Version 5.15
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Good app, however in trying to keep pace with technology moving forward I would like to be able to use this app on Split Screen with my iPad Pro!
Give us a reader only app.
I've said this before in previous reviews, but I'll say it again. I've updated this app, but it's not going on my iPhone. Why?
Simple. My 16 GB iPhone 5 is stuffed with apps that I absolutely must have. There's no room for this 164 MB one. Lots of people are like me. Whether it's apps, music, photos or audiobooks, their smartphone has no room to spare. If they can get by without this Kindle reader, they will. That means they won't buy Kindle books.
Amazon needs to create a smaller app just for reading. Call it Kindle Read, call it whatever you want, but give us an app that's a more managable size.
Completely inferior reading experience compared to the iBooks app.
Kindle is a great platform for eBooks in many ways, but the actual app is far clunkier than iBooks. I am referring completely to the reading experience; not the selection of books, or the experience of searching or purchasing.
When I read a book in the Apple iBooks app, I feel like I am reading a book. When I am reading in the Kindle app, I feel like I am using a buggy app to try to read a book.
My current frustration is that I am re-reading a book I bought from Amazon in the Kindle app several years ago. At some point I must have highlighted a sentence to remind myself where I left off. A previous version of the Kindle app must have had an option to underline a selection of text, which is no longer an option. So I have just spent time pulling up every option of every control the app offers, and there is no way to get rid of this stupid underline. I find it very annoying and it completely distracts from the experience of getting lost in a great book. I am almost ready to re-purchase this book from the Apple iBooks store.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Sep 22, 2017
- Version: 5.15
- Size: 172 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2017 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.