Kindle – Read Books, eBooks, Magazines, Newspapers & Textbooks
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Carry a library in your pocket anywhere you go. Get access to more than 4,000,000 books and audiobooks including over 1,000,000 Kindle exclusive titles for books you have purchased from Amazon to use on this app. With the Kindle app, get your book once and read it on any device and share across your family’s devices.
Choose from a wide selection of books, newspapers, and magazines from Wall Street
Build your own library
• Read a sample of any book before adding it to your library
• Share your books across your household with Family Library
• Get personalized recommendations with Welcome Experience
• Get popular magazines and newspapers, and even textbooks with high-resolution color images
• Go into your local library to check out an eBook, and have it delivered wirelessly to your Kindle app
Best reading tools
• Customize your reading experience with your preferred font style, font size, background color, line spacing and margin size
• Explore Page Flip enabled books to reference charts, graphs and maps while we save your place
Enjoy nighttime reading with adjustable screen brightness
• Easily edit or change highlight colors, and select long passages that span multiple pages
• Tap and hold text for instant definition and translations
• Search inside the book to find key ideas, characters, and locations using smart look-up, as well as background info and biographies from Wikipedia within the app with X-Ray for Books (English, German, Japanese, Chinese titles only)
• Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired readers to navigate Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more
• Enjoy unlimited access to over 1,000,000 titles and thousands of audiobooks with Kindle Unlimited eBook Subscription
• Automatically synchronize bookmarks, annotations, and your furthest page read across devices and app with Whispersync
• Switch seamlessly between reading your Kindle book and listening to its audio companion with Whispersync for Voice
• Maintain the rich formatting of your textbook, just like the print edition, with Kindle Print Replica
• Explore important terms in your textbook using X-Ray, including links to Wikipedia and YouTube content
• Make your own flashcards or auto-generate them to brush up on concepts, terms, and definitions after each chapter
Organize your reading
• Easily group your reads into custom categories with Kindle’s Collection. The sorted collections are then stored in the Cloud linked to your Amazon account
• Send PDFs or any documents to Kindle for later reading. Amazon provides free Personal Documents Service to assist with file transfers
What's New in Version 5.0
Now with Page Flip! Page Flip is a new navigation experience that makes it easier to explore your book while saving your place. Zoom out to get a bird’s eye view of the book and quickly find what you’re looking for. At a glance, easily recognize specific pages as you jump around. Pictures, charts, your highlights, and the layout of each page are easy to see with Page Flip’s pixel-accurate thumbnails that automatically adjust as you change your font and margin settings.
Page Flip automatically saves the page you’re reading in a book, pinning it to the side of your screen for easy navigation. Flip back and forth in a book with confidence, knowing you can instantly jump back to reading with a simple tap of your pinned page.
Learn more at www.amazon.com/pageflip. Page Flip is available on millions of books with more being added every day.
Love this app
I love the cool update to the pages. I think it's pretty awesome and I like how it saves the page your at so you can always go back to another page and still remember what page you were on. I think the app is great, and I, love it. There's just one thing I wish was tweaked a little. When your looking at your books you have the option of them being in the order that you have read them and downloaded them or you can have them in order by author. But I wish you had one other option if you have books that you haven't read yet the get lost with your other books as you read and when you also read a book the order their in also changes. I would love it if you also had an option of keeping your books in the order their in once they a read so you can remember the order you read some books in or to at least be able to move your books around how you want them and to be able to keep your unread books at least grouped together so you can keep track of what you haven't read yet and so they don't get lost in the mix with the ones you have read. Other than that I really like the app.
Page flipping update is totally awesome. It's a great way to browse pages of a book, and then get right back to the page you were on. This app keeps getting better and better.
I was starting to use the B&N ereader because it included annotation tools. Now that notes and highlighting are now on this Kindle app, I'll switch back. Now if I can figure how to archive recently read books, I'll be all set.
Update: My wife recently got the Kindle and so I finally got to check it out hands-on. Whlie I like highlighter for the Kindle, and the ability to read be your notes, I think I'll stick with the iPhone Kindle for a while longer. The regular Kindle just falls flat whe compared to this even more mobile app. Plus, I really like the back lighting on this app, which u can't do with the regular Kindle. Furthermore, while the screen size of the Kindle is larger than the iPhone app kindle, it's not a significant enough difference for me. Bring some folder organization to this app and would almost be perfect.
Need page numbers from actual book!!
I use Kindle for all of my books, including my Bible study books. The problem is, when I'm asked to go to a particular page, I can't find it because my Kindle page doesn't reflect the actual books pages on it. I don't know how easy that is to add, but it would make life so so much easier! Many in my group feel the same way! Due to my disability, handling an actual book is impossible, so it must be a Kindle book. Please consider adding page numbers onto our Kindle books from the actual books themselves. Thanks! :)
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jun 28, 2016
- Version: 5.0
- Size: 99.7 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2016 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.