Kindle – Read Books, eBooks, Magazines, Newspapers & Textbooks
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Carry a library in your pocket anywhere you go. Get access to more than 3,000,000 books and audiobooks including over 850,000 Kindle exclusive titles. With the Kindle app, get your book once and read it on any device and share across your family’s devices. Choose from a wide selection of books, newspapers, and magazines from Wall Street Journal, New York Times to Reader’s Digest.
Build your own library
• Read a sample of any book before adding it to your library
• Share your books across your household with Family Library
• Get personalized recommendations with Welcome Experience
• Get popular magazines and newspapers, and even textbooks with high-resolution color images
• Go into your local library to check out an eBook, and have it delivered wirelessly to your Kindle app
Best reading tools
• Customize your reading experience with your preferred font style, font size, background color, line spacing and margin size
• Enjoy nighttime reading with adjustable screen brightness
• Easily edit or change highlight colors, and select long passages that span multiple pages
• Tap and hold text for instant definition and translations
• Search inside the book to find key ideas, characters, and locations using smart look-up, as well as background info and biographies from Wikipedia within the app with X-Ray for Books (English, German, Japanese, Chinese titles only)
• Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired readers to navigate Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more
• Enjoy unlimited access to over 800,000 titles and thousands of audiobooks with Kindle Unlimited eBook Subscription
• Automatically synchronize bookmarks, annotations, and your furthest page read across devices and app with Whispersync
• Switch seamlessly between reading your Kindle book and listening to its audio companion with Whispersync for Voice
• Maintain the rich formatting of your textbook, just like the print edition, with Kindle Print Replica
• Explore important terms in your textbook using X-Ray, including links to Wikipedia and YouTube content
• Make your own flashcards or auto-generate them to brush up on concepts, terms, and definitions after each chapter
Organize your reading
• Easily group your reads into custom categories with Kindle’s Collection. The sorted collections are then stored in the Cloud linked to your Amazon account
• Send PDFs or any documents to Kindle for later reading. Amazon provides free Personal Documents Service to assist with file transfers
What's New in Version 4.12
Audible Improvements - Download, play, and pause your Audible audio book without leaving the page you’re reading.
Follow the Author - From inside your book, follow the author to get e-mail updates about their activity and get notified if a new book is released or made available for pre-order. Follow anytime from ‘About This Book’ in the left navigation panel.
Flashcard Improvements - Create new flashcard decks from your notes, highlights and X-Ray terms with just a few clicks.
Audible integration broken
With this update it is more difficult to use my audio books. Before, I tapped the headphones & it flipped me into the audiobook where I could set a timer. If I wanted to go back, I just tapped the book. Now the headphones bring up a play button on the reading page, which is useless to me. It's inconvenient to have to go through the menu to get to the audiobook page. Also, I got some weird error messages and the audio skipped ahead of my place.
I have an iPad, an iPhone and a Kindle Touch. I often need to use the Kindle Touch because I get headaches from the light. But the iOS app is often better than the Kindle Touch. The notes are easier to navigate and of course with the color I can get magazines & see book covers. It's great to have my Kindle library on my iPhone, which goes with me everywhere. Sometimes I have difficulty getting the three devices to sync.
Love the app, just a minor quibble
I really like the app for when I don't have my kindle with me and find myself with time to read. I just wish I still had the ability to purchase directly from the app rather than having to go through a browser since Amazon's mobile app still doesn't support purchasing digital content.
Normally I love this app except since my foolish update to ios 9.0.2 I have not been able to sync my books to the furthest read position on my ipad kindle app. No matter what I do even after resetting my ipad I cannot get the app to sync to the furthest read position which is critical to me as I read on several different devices throughout the day.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Oct 07, 2015
- Version: 4.12
- Size: 91.1 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2015 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.