Kindle – Read Books, eBooks, Magazines, Newspapers & Textbooks
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Carry a library in your pocket anywhere you go. Get access to more than 3,000,000 books and audiobooks including over 850,000 Kindle exclusive titles. With the Kindle app, get your book once and read it on any device and share across your family’s devices. Choose from a wide selection of books, newspapers, and magazines from Wall Street Journal, New York Times to Reader’s Digest.
Build your own library
• Read a sample of any book before adding it to your library
• Share your books across your household with Family Library
• Get personalized recommendations with Welcome Experience
• Get popular magazines and newspapers, and even textbooks with high-resolution color images
• Go into your local library to check out an eBook, and have it delivered wirelessly to your Kindle app
Best reading tools
• Customize your reading experience with your preferred font style, font size, background color, line spacing and margin size
• Enjoy nighttime reading with adjustable screen brightness
• Easily edit or change highlight colors, and select long passages that span multiple pages
• Tap and hold text for instant definition and translations
• Search inside the book to find key ideas, characters, and locations using smart look-up, as well as background info and biographies from Wikipedia within the app with X-Ray for Books (English, German, Japanese, Chinese titles only)
• Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired readers to navigate Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more
• Enjoy unlimited access to over 800,000 titles and thousands of audiobooks with Kindle Unlimited eBook Subscription
• Automatically synchronize bookmarks, annotations, and your furthest page read across devices and app with Whispersync
• Switch seamlessly between reading your Kindle book and listening to its audio companion with Whispersync for Voice
• Maintain the rich formatting of your textbook, just like the print edition, with Kindle Print Replica
• Explore important terms in your textbook using X-Ray, including links to Wikipedia and YouTube content
• Make your own flashcards or auto-generate them to brush up on concepts, terms, and definitions after each chapter
Organize your reading
• Easily group your reads into custom categories with Kindle’s Collection. The sorted collections are then stored in the Cloud linked to your Amazon account
• Send PDFs or any documents to Kindle for later reading. Amazon provides free Personal Documents Service to assist with file transfers
What's New in Version 4.19.1
Performance and stability improvements
I love my kindle app for my iPhone 6. I have read some other the other reviews and I haven't been having any of the problems that they had discussed. I constantly read on my phone and then switch to read on my iPad and the sync between the two works greats. The one down fall to this app is that you can buy a new book straight from the app. There are so many time when I get done reading a book and want to buy the next one in the series but I can do it from the app. So most of the time my business is lost until I want to login to my account through the Internet and buy the next book. I would love to see the ability to buy books from the app added to the software. It would make a 4 star great app a 5 star awesome app.
Love, use daily
I have used the app for about 4 years on my iPad and have never had any problems. It keeps getting better. My library uses it as one of several formats to download library books. Of all the options it is my favorite. I use Bookbub to download a free book 3-4 times a week. I bought a Bible and devotion books and appreciate and use the highlight and note features. I can keep whole sermon notes in my Bible under 1 reference. I use the NLT Study Bible and can easily transition from text to notations and back to the text again. I have 4 ereader apps on my iPad, but this is my app of choice.
Kindle for life
I received a Kindle when I retired in 2009. I thought, what in the world will I do with this? Well, I do everything with it. I travel a lot and the Kindle is perfect. Now I don't have to haul a big tote bag of books with me. I've now also bought a Kindle Fire to access more apps, and had to buy husband his own to stop him "borrowing" mine. My son even used his while deployed to the Middle East with the US Army. My daughter is always reading and the Kindle allows her to get all kinds of books. Yes, I'm still using that 2009 Kindle. They are durable, too. We are truly a Kindle family, and we love it.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Apr 05, 2016
- Version: 4.19.1
- Size: 86.6 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2016 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.