Kindle – Read eBooks, Magazines & Textbooks
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Turn your iPhone or iPad into a Kindle with the free Kindle app, and carry all your eBooks with you, wherever you go. eBooks (including those with narration) that you have purchased on Amazon will automatically appear in your app. Kindle Unlimited and Amazon Prime members can select and download eBooks directly in the app.
What you’ll get:
• Sample any eBook for free
• Magazines, newspapers, graphic novels and textbooks with high-res color images
• A customizable reading experience with your choice of font style, size and more
• Comfortable reading day and night with adjustable screen brightness and page color
• Discover and download Kindle Unlimited eBooks and magazines
• Unique features like X-Ray, Whispersync, Page Flip, Print Replica, flashcards and more
• Instant translations and definitions, without leaving the page
• Ability to make and share in-page highlights
• Bold font and text size options
• Access to local library eBooks
What's New in Version 5.10
Amazon Ember Bold font: Based on feedback from customers, we have added Amazon Ember Bold – a bolder reading font – which can be selected from the font menu within Kindle books.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
So I am a hard core nook girl, refused leave it, then my best friend got kindle unlimited and shared it with me. I went in trying to hate it but now I can't, it's really useful easy to read and customizable. I've actually went through the very long process of converting my .epubs to mobi because I like it so much more. Keep in mind I have over 300 books in ePub so this is some serious switch.
Things this app still needs:
-Ability to show page numbers (some times there are no page numbers even when you click the Loca at the bottom left)
-Scrolling view (as in up and down not just left to right)
-creating shelves!! I read series so right now I'm just sorting by author but would love a shelf!
No split screen on IPad
Almost most of the apps these days support split screen on iPad, although during the past year has sent several emails to customer support team requesting to please add this feature, the request has been ignored. This feature is specially important for students who are reading a book or a paper and be able to research on the other screen. At the moment a 1/4 page screen on the right side can be accessed but then the Kindle screen becomes inactive and if you go back to Kindle the other screen disappears, not practical and very annoying specially when trying to open a new screen and you end up changing the pages in Kindle!!! It could have been my favorite app but unfortunately ended up switching to a different reader.
Wish I Could Make Purchases
This app is great for reading my brooks and discovering new ones. The only reason I can't give it 5 stars is because if I find an ebook I want to purchase I can't do it through the app. I have to leave the app, go to Amazon's website, make the purchase then come back to the app. That may not bother most people, but it just seems like such an unnecessary step to have to leave the app to purchase an ebook I'm going to read in the app.
- Category: Books
- Updated: May 02, 2017
- Version: 5.10
- Size: 167 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2017 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.