Kindle – Read eBooks, Magazines & Textbooks
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Carry a library in your pocket anywhere you go. Get access to more than 4,000,000 books and audiobooks including over 1,000,000 Kindle exclusive titles for books you have purchased from Amazon to use on this app. With the Kindle app, get your book once and read it on any device and share across your family’s devices.
Choose from a wide selection of books, newspapers, and magazines. Shop in your browser for books to read in the Kindle app.
Build your own library
• Read a sample of any book before adding it to your library
• Share your books across your household with Family Library
• Get personalized recommendations with Welcome Experience
• Get popular magazines and newspapers, and even textbooks with high-resolution color images
• Go into your local library to check out an eBook, and have it delivered wirelessly to your Kindle app
Best reading tools
• Customize your reading experience with your preferred font style, font size, background color, line spacing and margin size
• Explore Page Flip enabled books to reference charts, graphs and maps while we save your place
Enjoy nighttime reading with adjustable screen brightness
• Easily edit or change highlight colors, and select long passages that span multiple pages
• Tap and hold text for instant definition and translations
• Search inside the book to find key ideas, characters, and locations using smart look-up, as well as background info and biographies from Wikipedia within the app with X-Ray for Books (English, German, Japanese, Chinese titles only)
• Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired readers to navigate Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more
• Enjoy unlimited access to over 1,000,000 titles and thousands of audiobooks with Kindle Unlimited eBook Subscription
• Automatically synchronize bookmarks, annotations, and your furthest page read across devices and app with Whispersync
• Switch seamlessly between reading your Kindle book and listening to its audio companion with Whispersync for Voice
• Maintain the rich formatting of your textbook, just like the print edition, with Kindle Print Replica
• Explore important terms in your textbook using X-Ray, including links to Wikipedia and YouTube content
• Make your own flashcards or auto-generate them to brush up on concepts, terms, and definitions after each chapter
Organize your reading
• Easily group your reads into custom categories with Kindle’s Collection. The sorted collections are then stored in the Cloud linked to your Amazon account
• Send PDFs or any documents to Kindle for later reading. Amazon provides free Personal Documents Service to assist with file transfers
What's New in Version 5.5
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Great reading app
I pretty much only read on the kindle app now. With 3 small children I don't typically have an extra hand to carry a regular book around! When I do get a few minutes to read it's nice to have it available on my phone. I love that it keeps up with where you left off. And will pick up that spot if I start reading on a different device. My only "issue" is that my pages changes sometimes. I will lock my phone and come back later to continue and I was at the top of the page... well suddenly the sentence I was on has jumped back to the bottom of the previous page or further down the current one. Not a real issue. But can confuse you for a second until you figure out where you were.
Regular page numbers would also be nice
Something is all wrong :(
Love this app, I use it nearly everyday. Tonight while reading my book on meditation I clicked on an area where many other have highlighted it. Before I could just hit another spot on the screen and the message saying that would go away. Not tonight, not only would the message not go away, it would not let me turn the page forward or backwards. To say that this took me out of my meditative state is truly an understatement. And for the record, I closed out of the app and reloaded it several times to no avail. Alas, that is why I here. Please fix this issue, because I've truly loved be able to reach all of my kindle books from my phone. This is the first review I've left for an app and only wrote it so that the makers could fix it.
Thank you sweetie n advance!!
Love Kindle BUT....
I read 99% of my books on my Kindle app on iPhone or iPad. The others I read in print or listen via audio books.
There is still one issue that is a huge problem for me, and many if you Google the issue.
For many books, you cannot find print replica page numbers!!!!!!!!
I belong to a small group where we read small sections of a book and then talk about them. For most of the books, I cannot ever find a real print page number. They are either kindle "locations" or kindle "Pages" which are not like the real print edition pages.
Very frustrating! And I have read other reviews where people are reading textbooks and have no access to real print edition page numbers so they cannot CITE their references! What the heck??!!! Come on Kindle. Make this a priority for all books.....
Would give Kindle app 5 stars except for this extremely annoying problem. I know SOME books allow you to toggle between pages and locations. That's great, but require it for ALL books,
or have the ability to toggle between the location and actual page numbers in the settings as something you can turn on or off!!
- Category: Books
- Updated: Nov 29, 2016
- Version: 5.5
- Size: 142 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2016 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.