By AMZN Mobile LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Turn your iPhone or iPad into a Kindle with the free Kindle app, and carry all your eBooks with you, wherever you go. eBooks (including those with narration) that you have purchased on Amazon will automatically appear in your app. Kindle Unlimited and Amazon Prime members can select and download eBooks directly in the app.
What you’ll get:
• Sample any eBook for free
• Magazines, newspapers, graphic novels and textbooks with high-res color images
• A customizable reading experience with your choice of font style, size and more
• Comfortable reading day and night with adjustable screen brightness and page color
• Discover and download Kindle Unlimited eBooks and magazines
• Unique features like X-Ray, Whispersync, Page Flip, Print Replica, flashcards and more
• Instant translations and definitions, without leaving the page
• Ability to make and share in-page highlights
• Bold font and text size options
• Access to local library eBooks
What's New in Version 5.15
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Problems with large libraries
I travel a lot and often to places that I can not guarantee a WiFi connection. So, I prefer to have my entire library stored on my device, not in the clouds. It appears that whenever you open the kindle app, it attempts to verify that there is nothing new to download AND check for updates to books downloaded to the device. As I have over 2,600 books downloaded, this takes a while, EVERY TIME I OPEN THE SOFTWARE. I would prefer to have the app check once a week or once a month and on demand. I know when I have purchased new books, I can tell the app to call come. The minute or two delay every time I open the app has me looking for alternatives.
Ver 5.15 Requires ALL books on device to be re-loaded from cloud!
Sept. 22, 2017 UPDATE
WARNING Version 5.15 - requires all on-device books to be dropped and re-downloaded!
This post-iOS11 update STILL does not support multi-tasking from iOS10 or iOS11
— — —
Overall, this is a great reader - attached to a unbelievable store and library. Allows multiple fonts (my favorite is san sarif fonts)
That said, it could be better:
- cannot purchase from within the App (I know this is a bigger issue with Apple iTunes)
- needs to support iOS 9x to allow side-by-side viewing with other apps
- need to configure on/off hyphenating feature
- needs red-screen night viewing background color - just let us pick the background color of our choice
Great way to read
Like others have mentioned, this app is awesome for keeping track of your ebooks.
I would like a way to tailor the sorting. If it’s by the review score or by series or a separate tab for all of my “bought but not read books”, that would be awesome!
- Category: Books
- Updated: Sep 22, 2017
- Version: 5.15
- Size: 172 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2017 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.