Kindle – Read eBooks, Magazines & Textbooks
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Turn your iPhone or iPad into a Kindle with the free Kindle app, and carry all your eBooks with you, wherever you go. eBooks (including those with narration) that you have purchased on Amazon will automatically appear in your app. Kindle Unlimited and Amazon Prime members can select and download eBooks directly in the app.
What you’ll get:
• Sample any eBook for free
• Magazines, newspapers, graphic novels and textbooks with high-res color images
• A customizable reading experience with your choice of font style, size and more
• Comfortable reading day and night with adjustable screen brightness and page color
• Discover and download Kindle Unlimited eBooks and magazines
• Unique features like X-Ray, Whispersync, Page Flip, Print Replica, flashcards and more
• Instant translations and definitions, without leaving the page
• Ability to make and share in-page highlights
• Bold font and text size options
• Access to local library eBooks
What's New in Version 5.7.1
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Suggestion for Kindle app developer
I have never owned a Kindle reader The Kindle app contains my dozens of books for enlightenment, entertainment, spiritual compass, and research—on iPhone, iPad, & desktop. Not knowing what readers do that the app does not, I have one suggestion for the app developers: a "back" button similar to what Facebook gives us to return to our location when we've clicked on a link. Kindle book annotations that take the reader to the end of the book make refinding your reading location difficult and time consuming if you haven't made a mental note of your page/location. A "back" button would fix all of that!
Another terrible update
Normally, I delay installing new Kindle App updates until it appears all the bugs have been worked out. Unfortunately, my last Ipad update went awry and I was forced to restore my device, which forced me to reinstall all my books. After several attempts and crashes I managed to stabilize the app enough to read a book, but I've only been able to install a handful of books and the app still takes a long time to open and it takes forever to respond to commands, including downloads. Sometimes I really hate this app.
Would Like to Underline too
I love this app. I just wish that we can underline as another option besides highlighting text. I use underline in iBooks and it works great! I can underline in red and the text really stands out which is what I like. I sure wish Kindle had it too!! Underlining in green would be okay too - just as long as it's visible enough to catch my attention! Colors sure brighten up my day!
- Category: Books
- Updated: Feb 10, 2017
- Version: 5.7.1
- Size: 148 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2017 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.