Kindle – Read eBooks, Magazines & Textbooks
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Carry a library in your pocket anywhere you go. Get access to more than 4,000,000 books and audiobooks including over 1,000,000 Kindle exclusive titles for books you have purchased from Amazon to use on this app. With the Kindle app, get your book once and read it on any device and share across your family’s devices.
Choose from a wide selection of books, newspapers, and magazines. Shop in your browser for books to read in the Kindle app.
Build your own library
• Read a sample of any book before adding it to your library
• Share your books across your household with Family Library
• Get personalized recommendations with Welcome Experience
• Get popular magazines and newspapers, and even textbooks with high-resolution color images
• Go into your local library to check out an eBook, and have it delivered wirelessly to your Kindle app
Best reading tools
• Customize your reading experience with your preferred font style, font size, background color, line spacing and margin size
• Explore Page Flip enabled books to reference charts, graphs and maps while we save your place
Enjoy nighttime reading with adjustable screen brightness
• Easily edit or change highlight colors, and select long passages that span multiple pages
• Tap and hold text for instant definition and translations
• Search inside the book to find key ideas, characters, and locations using smart look-up, as well as background info and biographies from Wikipedia within the app with X-Ray for Books (English, German, Japanese, Chinese titles only)
• Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired readers to navigate Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more
• Enjoy unlimited access to over 1,000,000 titles and thousands of audiobooks with Kindle Unlimited eBook Subscription
• Automatically synchronize bookmarks, annotations, and your furthest page read across devices and app with Whispersync
• Switch seamlessly between reading your Kindle book and listening to its audio companion with Whispersync for Voice
• Maintain the rich formatting of your textbook, just like the print edition, with Kindle Print Replica
• Explore important terms in your textbook using X-Ray, including links to Wikipedia and YouTube content
• Make your own flashcards or auto-generate them to brush up on concepts, terms, and definitions after each chapter
Organize your reading
• Easily group your reads into custom categories with Kindle’s Collection. The sorted collections are then stored in the Cloud linked to your Amazon account
• Send PDFs or any documents to Kindle for later reading. Amazon provides free Personal Documents Service to assist with file transfers
What's New in Version 5.5
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
One too many updates
I don't like the update where the reading page shrinks up when I want to look something up on a different page than the current one. I appreciate the effort, it would be nice to access information on different pages quickly and efficiently but I don't think this gambit solved the problem. I find it extremely annoying and I wish I could return to a previous incarnation of the Kindle app. Now THERE would be an innovation. Why don't you make previous versions of the app available?! Please! I hate this one but I love Kindle and I especially love whispersync with Audible so I don't have the option to switch brands. My first E-reader was a Nook and I always liked the Nook app better. It is far more elegant. Why don't you check it out if you need new ideas?
Love this app
I switched to this awhile ago when my kindle died and I was in the middle of a good book. After loading on my iPad, the app pulled up the book right where I left off, as well as the other books I'd downloaded but hadn't read yet. It works pretty much like the original kindle and after a while I can hardly remember the differences. The only thing I would change is the ability to make it lighter. It's difficult to read outside in the day, but I think that's an iPad setting, not the app. If it were possible to do this through the app I'd be thrilled!
Great for sore eyes!
My Kindle reader has replaced physical books. With poor eyesight, I can adjust to white text on black, and adjust the font size to suit. My eyestrain and reading books is therefore greatly reduced.
In addition, I love the Kindle unlimited feature, for only $9.99 a month, I have millions of books to choose from. What a deal!
Finally, when going on vacation, I no longer have to bring a very heavy suitcase with 20 books with me. I simply bring my iPad!
- Category: Books
- Updated: Nov 29, 2016
- Version: 5.5
- Size: 142 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2016 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.