Kindle – Read Books, eBooks, Magazines, Newspapers & Textbooks
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Carry a library in your pocket anywhere you go. Get access to more than 3,000,000 books and audiobooks including over 850,000 Kindle exclusive titles. With the Kindle app, get your book once and read it on any device and share across your family’s devices. Choose from a wide selection of books, newspapers, and magazines from Wall Street Journal, New York Times to Reader’s Digest.
Build your own library
• Read a sample of any book before adding it to your library
• Share your books across your household with Family Library
• Get personalized recommendations with Welcome Experience
• Get popular magazines and newspapers, and even textbooks with high-resolution color images
• Go into your local library to check out an eBook, and have it delivered wirelessly to your Kindle app
Best reading tools
• Customize your reading experience with your preferred font style, font size, background color, line spacing and margin size
• Enjoy nighttime reading with adjustable screen brightness
• Easily edit or change highlight colors, and select long passages that span multiple pages
• Tap and hold text for instant definition and translations
• Search inside the book to find key ideas, characters, and locations using smart look-up, as well as background info and biographies from Wikipedia within the app with X-Ray for Books (English, German, Japanese, Chinese titles only)
• Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired readers to navigate Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more
• Enjoy unlimited access to over 800,000 titles and thousands of audiobooks with Kindle Unlimited eBook Subscription
• Automatically synchronize bookmarks, annotations, and your furthest page read across devices and app with Whispersync
• Switch seamlessly between reading your Kindle book and listening to its audio companion with Whispersync for Voice
• Maintain the rich formatting of your textbook, just like the print edition, with Kindle Print Replica
• Explore important terms in your textbook using X-Ray, including links to Wikipedia and YouTube content
• Make your own flashcards or auto-generate them to brush up on concepts, terms, and definitions after each chapter
Organize your reading
• Easily group your reads into custom categories with Kindle’s Collection. The sorted collections are then stored in the Cloud linked to your Amazon account
• Send PDFs or any documents to Kindle for later reading. Amazon provides free Personal Documents Service to assist with file transfers
What's New in Version 4.10
About This Book: Learn more about the book before you start reading, including the typical time it takes to read it, its place in a series, and info about the author.
Introduction to Study Features: Learn more about the study features in your print replica textbooks, including Flashcards, X-Ray for Textbooks and Notebook.
I've never had a problem with this app and I use it quite regularly. All of the features work and I've never needed to get help with it. It's no replacement for my actual kindle, but when I don't have it handy, I am thrilled I can use my phone. Only thing I have noticed is the kindle and kindle app don't always have the same features. But what I want out of this app is the ability to read the books on my kindle. And this app is brilliant at that! And after reading some the 'problems' people are having I just have to wonder if it's the app, the phone, or the user. Glitches are glitches; the inability to use the app at all despite so many others having no issues might suggest it's not the app, but maybe the phone or a tablet, or even a bad understanding of how the app works. And kindle/Amazon have amazing help and support people. I can't imagine they wouldn't be able to help with any issues. Wondering if those with negative experiences have also had bad help/support?
Love my Kindle Ap
I don't know how long it's been since I used my actual kindle. This does everything I need it to and faster than my Paperwhite. It's stable. Occasionally the sync isn't 100% to the exact page across my three devices (iPad iPhone, and Kindle) but that rare. I also use the cloud reader on my computer. I, personally don't use all of the functions like notes and highlights. I do use the dictionary frequently. This is one of the few apps that I am totally and consistently happy with across the board.
Kindle has degraded into a dysfunctional mess.
Why did they get rid of page turn animation?? Who asked for that??
Sadly, reading a book is about the last thing this app appears designed to do. It tries to sell you crap at every turn. That's tolerable, except many features have been removed, for no reason. No more page turn animations. Why?? Why take that away? The "highlights" thing is plain stupid. It does look like a highlighter, and it randomly marks crap if I dare leave my finger on the screen too long.
Last update, my library is a mess, and so,e of my really long books no longer show my progress, so I'm not sure where left off!! Agh!!!
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jul 08, 2015
- Version: 4.10
- Size: 92.1 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2015 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.