Kindle – Read Books, eBooks, Magazines, Newspapers & Textbooks
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Carry a library in your pocket anywhere you go. Get access to more than 3,000,000 books and audiobooks including over 850,000 Kindle exclusive titles. With the Kindle app, get your book once and read it on any device and share across your family’s devices. Choose from a wide selection of books, newspapers, and magazines from Wall Street Journal, New York Times to Reader’s Digest.
Build your own library
• Read a sample of any book before adding it to your library
• Share your books across your household with Family Library
• Get personalized recommendations with Welcome Experience
• Get popular magazines and newspapers, and even textbooks with high-resolution color images
• Go into your local library to check out an eBook, and have it delivered wirelessly to your Kindle app
Best reading tools
• Customize your reading experience with your preferred font style, font size, background color, line spacing and margin size
• Enjoy nighttime reading with adjustable screen brightness
• Easily edit or change highlight colors, and select long passages that span multiple pages
• Tap and hold text for instant definition and translations
• Search inside the book to find key ideas, characters, and locations using smart look-up, as well as background info and biographies from Wikipedia within the app with X-Ray for Books (English, German, Japanese, Chinese titles only)
• Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired readers to navigate Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more
• Enjoy unlimited access to over 800,000 titles and thousands of audiobooks with Kindle Unlimited eBook Subscription
• Automatically synchronize bookmarks, annotations, and your furthest page read across devices and app with Whispersync
• Switch seamlessly between reading your Kindle book and listening to its audio companion with Whispersync for Voice
• Maintain the rich formatting of your textbook, just like the print edition, with Kindle Print Replica
• Explore important terms in your textbook using X-Ray, including links to Wikipedia and YouTube content
• Make your own flashcards or auto-generate them to brush up on concepts, terms, and definitions after each chapter
Organize your reading
• Easily group your reads into custom categories with Kindle’s Collection. The sorted collections are then stored in the Cloud linked to your Amazon account
• Send PDFs or any documents to Kindle for later reading. Amazon provides free Personal Documents Service to assist with file transfers
What's New in Version 4.12.1
Fixed a bug preventing some users from rotating books on iPads.
Bug fixes and stability improvements.
WHAT WAS I THINKING??
The husband gave me a Kindle the first year it was available, and I hated the whole idea. What could he he have been thinking? Me, THE READER, reading on-line or whatever this thing was?
Now, having no idea when I fell in-hate with this thing, I have graduated to Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad app for Kindle, gifting the Kindles to family and friends, I hate it when a friend hands me a book and it's not on my Kindle. Really, why bother hefting a book when you can Kindle? I love it. It can only get better, but I don't know how, AND THERE'S BOOK BUB, and I can read forever. I expensively. I love my Kindle. Now go away and let me read.
Perfect except for one issue.
The first and only issue with this great app: viewing annotations needs an option to view by chapter, or view every 10 or something. I have so many annotations that it takes like 20-30 seconds to load. And when you navigate out of the app, I have to load them again! Fix the view annotations toggle.
I'm super impressed, the iOS developers for this app did a wonderful job! I keep all my textbooks on kindle and this app makes highlighting and taking notes within my books SO easy. It's really a well-featured app. Kudos, devs.
Can't Live without it!
I really don't go anywhere without my Kindle app on my iPad or a Kindle itself. I got the Paperwhite for my hubby and daughter--gifts that THEY use every day--the Voyage for myself, after needing something smaller than the original Kindle DX--which is my favorite for doing lots of reading because I don't have to turn the page so much. The resolution on the newer models are much more close to real paper and ink, but I love the integrated nightlight in the Voyage. Not "backlit", but front lit so less strain on your eyes!
- Category: Books
- Updated: Oct 26, 2015
- Version: 4.12.1
- Size: 91.2 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2015 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.