Kindle – Read eBooks, Magazines & Textbooks
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Turn your iPhone or iPad into a Kindle with the free Kindle app, and carry all your eBooks with you, wherever you go. eBooks (including those with narration) that you have purchased on Amazon will automatically appear in your app. Kindle Unlimited and Amazon Prime members can select and download eBooks directly in the app.
What you’ll get:
• Sample any eBook for free
• Magazines, newspapers, graphic novels and textbooks with high-res color images
• A customizable reading experience with your choice of font style, size and more
• Comfortable reading day and night with adjustable screen brightness and page color
• Discover and download Kindle Unlimited eBooks and magazines
• Unique features like X-Ray, Whispersync, Page Flip, Print Replica, flashcards and more
• Instant translations and definitions, without leaving the page
• Ability to make and share in-page highlights
• Bold font and text size options
• Access to local library eBooks
What's New in Version 5.9.1
ComiXology's Guided View is now available on Kindle! Experience comics in a whole new way with this breakthrough cinematic and immersive reading mode.
Send to Kindle – Now you can save documents and web pages to your Kindle library. Tap the share button in Safari and add Kindle as a destination. Web pages are converted to Kindle format so you can adjust the text, font and page color, and read on any Kindle app or device.
Fixed an issue in iOS 10.3 affecting some Japanese language books.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
No longer syncs to regular kindle
My regular kindle syncs to LAST PAGE READ. this is good. It means when I am reading book for the second time, sync does not make the mistake of taking me to FURTHEST PAGE READ, which is the end of the book and WOULD NOT BE HELPFUL.
PROBLEM: I used to be able to read same book on this iPhone app. However it no longer syncs to the same location as my regular Kindle. It only offers FURTHEST PAGE READ, which as I described above is NOT HELPFUL!
This seems to be a problem with the apps design. At present the app is useless to me, and this seriously lowers the value of all the Kindle books I have purchased over the years. It means I have to take my regular Kindle with me everywhere I go, along with my iPhone. VERY BAD!
I use this app every day
I have used this app on my iPad for years and years...I am on my third iPad and Kindle has always been my favorite reading app and I am thankful to have it. My biggest problem is that I can never trust the updates to work right the first time. There have been too many times when the update makes the app hard to use for days or weeks until the next update, hopefully, fixes the issue without introducing new problems. Now I wait for weeks and check app reviews before I update my device.
Love this app. Find myself buying more books from Amazon/Kindle Bookstore as this app is very user friendly and has nice features!! Also, there are books I can't find on Apples iBook store, that I have found in kindle book store thus purchasing from kindle. This ease of use, has me shopping for books that are even available on apples book store. I would recommend this app to everyone!!! No trouble whatsoever using the app on my iPad!!!! Absolutely Love the app.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Mar 28, 2017
- Version: 5.9.1
- Size: 165 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2017 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.