By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
The Kindle app gives users the ability to read Kindle books on a beautiful, easy-to-use interface. You’ll have access to over 1,000,000* books in the Kindle Store, including best sellers and new releases. Amazon Whispersync automatically syncs your most recent page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights across devices (including Kindle), so you can pick up where you left off on another device.
Get the best reading experience available on your Mac:
• Shop the Kindle Store for over 1,000,000* Kindle books, including New Releases. Over 610,000* of these books are $9.99 or less, including many of the New York Times Best Sellers.
• Start reading immediately with three free books: Pride and Prejudice, Treasure Island, and Aesop’s Fables. Thousands more free classics are available in the Kindle Store.
• Get free book samples – read the first chapter free before you decide to buy.
• Customize your reading experience by choosing the background color and font size.
• Instant dictionary word lookup with 250,000 entries and definitions. Select a word to view the definition. Use the Google and Wikipedia links to get more information.
• Search inside the book to find a character, topic, or section you want to revisit.
• Simply click on either side of the screen or press the arrow keys to turn pages.
• You can also read your Kindle books on your Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage, Kindle 3G, Kindle DX, Amazon Fire Phone, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone, iPad, PC, Android-based device, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone 7-based device. Our Whispersync technology syncs your last page read, notes, bookmarks, and highlights across devices, so you can pick up where you left off.
* Selection and price of books in the Kindle Store may vary by country.
What's New in Version 1.12.4
Kindle for Mac 1.12.4: This update includes stability improvements and bug fixes.
Apple Please Fix, There Is A Typo Here
If you click on the Kindle Support link above it will take you to the Kindle for Mac page. On that page click on the Download & Install the Latest Version of Kindle for Mac link. On the Download & Install the Latest Version of Kindle for Mac page please take a look just under the bolded, large font ‘About the Latest Version’ sub-heading where it reads, "The latest version of Kindle for Mac can be used on any Mac computer running OS X 10.9.5 or higher.” The sales page here on the Mac App Store says it is compatible with OS X 10.8 or later. Which is correct? Today’s date is October 21, 2015. I suppose if it stays 10.8 you are either correct or neglect. We’ll see. :) Tim, are you on this? Thank you!
No Problems for Me
When I noticed that my iPad was dying, I decided to save my books to a laptop. Downloaded the Kindle app and saved all my books to it. As they were downloading, each book opened where I last stopped reading it. Then I reopened several books to test whether there were any issues, and did not find any problems at all.
Slow and poor highlighting abilities
Downloaded the app so I could use the digital version of a textbook for grad school. The app is slow when scrolling at 200% and the highlighter will only work in block mode. If you try to highlight a sentence that spans two of more lines, it default to the beginning of the line, not the highlighted area within the line. So if you highlight a sentence who’s first word is at the end of a line, when you start to highlight the rest of the sentence on the next line, the entire line where the sentence begins becomes highlighted. Poor quality control.