By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
The Kindle app gives users the ability to read eBooks on a beautiful, easy-to-use interface. You may also read your book on your phone, tablet and Kindle e-Reader, and Amazon Whispersync will automatically sync your most recent page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights, so you can pick up right where you left off.
What you’ll get:
• Sample any eBook for free
• Discover and download popular fiction, graphic novels and textbooks with high-res color images through direct purchase and Kindle Unlimited subscriptions.
• A customizable reading experience with your choice of font style, size, line-spacing, text alignment and more
• Unique features like X-Ray, Whispersync, Print Replica, flashcards and more
• Instant definitions without leaving the page
• Comfortable reading experience with adjustable screen brightness and page color
• Ability to make in-page highlights
• Access to local library eBooks
• Support for Text-to-Speech on devices running Mac OS X 10.10 or above.
What's New in Version 1.21.1
Kindle for Mac 1.21.1: This update includes stability improvements and bug fixes.
Apologies for the harsh review, but it’s 2017 and your app still does not support a basic SPLIT SCREEN feature. Are y’all even reading these reviews? Both the ipad + computer versions of Kindle are basically the only applications that do not support a SIMPLE split screen feature. This makes it extremely difficult to take notes for school… Take a scroll through your reviews, these comments have been ongoing for the past few years, yet nothing has changed. So much $$$ wasted on beautiful books for a mediocre-at-best application. Note to self, don’t buy any more textbooks from Amazon/Kindle…. I’m done with y’all….
I am amazed at the negative reviews because I found none of the glitches others complain about. All features work very well. Books are easy to find, easy to read, easy to highlight and annotate.
Highlighting often fails
It’s very difficult to highlight a certain sentense or a paragrah (esp. for Japanese & Chinese books). After I’ve seleted the content, the highlighting pop-up often fail to appear, which makes it impossible to highlight what I want.