By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
The Kindle app gives users the ability to read eBooks on a beautiful, easy-to-use interface. You may also read your book on your phone, tablet and Kindle e-Reader, and Amazon Whispersync will automatically sync your most recent page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights, so you can pick up right where you left off.
What you’ll get:
• Sample any eBook for free
• Discover and download popular fiction, graphic novels and textbooks with high-res color images through direct purchase and Kindle Unlimited subscriptions.
• A customizable reading experience with your choice of font style, size and more
• Unique features like X-Ray, Whispersync, Print Replica, flashcards and more
• Instant definitions without leaving the page
• Comfortable reading experience with adjustable screen brightness and page color
• Ability to make in-page highlights
• Access to local library eBooks
• Support for Text-to-Speech on devices running Mac OS X 10.10 or above.
What's New in Version 1.20.2
Kindle for Mac 1.20.2: This update includes stability improvements and bug fixes.
Crashes, crashes, crashes
I spent the last three months purchasing and organizing dozens of my textbooks and other course readings in Kindle for Mac and iOS into collections. With the most recent upgrade, trying to open some books from within a collection causes the app to crash. I’m glad the flashcards feature is now in the Mac version, which is the only reason I didn’t rate this with one star. Please fix this bug and any other reported bugs so users can get back to being productive rather than launching and relaunching your app, sending feedback reports to the developer, and rating you poorly in the app store.
Cool new features - but broke highlighting VERY important old feature
The new features are cool, I like the flashcard concept but the developers broke the highlighting feature which is one of the most important features (more important than the flashcard feature) and makes the app very unusable as that’s one of the most common notetaking components. Please test these releases before releasing them because features like highlighting are critical to us users, and although you want to get quick feedback on the new features please don’t break things we actually enjoy and depend on.
Guess i’ll be using my iPad for reading until this gets fixed.
This release brings the latest Kindle for mac back to the app store!
If you've been using the app store version all this time, you'll notice a bunch of changes, there are more fonts now, single vs multi columns are handled differently now, and there are a few other minor UI changes.
I really like the new table of contents view.
Also I don't remember if the old mac app store version had higlighting/note taking, but this version does and it can be really handy for referring back to things, (this is especially true for technical books)
Overall it's nice to see current version back on the app store!