Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The inRide App pairs with Kinetic's inRide Power Meter Pod and Heart Rate Strap to provide the most comprehensive workout experience for cyclists. Create custom workouts directly in the App for real-time guidance on your target power and the most accurate post-ride analysis or choose one of inRide’s pre-programmed workouts. Customize the user interface to display the most relevant data. Export workout session data directly to popular training sites, an iCloud Drive, and Dropbox or email the data to a remote coach.
Real-time monitoring of over 50 data points including:
• Power (Current, Average, Max, Normalized, Rolling Averages, Kilojoules, Zones)
• Cadence, Speed, Distance, Calories
• Heart Rate (Current, Average, % of Reserve and Max, Zones)
• TSS, iFactor, Kcals, nPower
• Time in Power and Heart Rate Zones
• Session and Lap Durations, Averages, Maximums
• … and more!
• Power-zone based workouts
• Interactive real-time graphing
• Create custom workouts directly in the App
• Automated FTP workout and training zone update
• Configure the on-screen displays for a completely personalized workout
• Automatic laps when doing a custom workout
• iOS Health integration
• Automatically share workouts to popular training and workout-sharing web sites
• Automatically upload workouts to Dropbox
• Email workouts in .csv and .fit formats
• Complete workout history with lifetime stats
• Multiple user profile support
• Kinetic Pro Flywheel support
• Trainer calibration for the most accurate power measurements
• No on-bike sensors needed, inRide Pod mounts directly to trainer
The inRide sensor works with Kinetic Road Machine and Kinetic Rock and Roll Trainers.
The App requires Bluetooth Low Energy which is available on the iPhone 4S and newer and the iPad 3 and newer models.
What's New in Version 2.3.4
Minor bug fixes.
Supports data migration.
Still Needs Work
Riding a trainer is bad enough but if you add the frustration of an app and measurement device that is buggy you really add to the bad experience.
The Kinetic trainer is good other than weighing a lot and not folding up to save space when not in use so be prepared to commit a room to this. I am on my second Inride unit and App now works better to spin down calibration. The accuracy of the measurements of Cadence and Power are not accurate and jump all over the place. So I also question the Speed and Distance measurements. It pairs to iPhone app ok but on my current workout, nothing is even registering.
I am coached by Carmichael Training System CTS and now I know why they don't sell this to their athletes. The app and device do not come close to my Garmin Edge 1000 and Power Tap hub wheels. I think I will buy the new Tacx Neo and give this Kinetic unit at a garage sale or use as a boat anchor
UPDATE: I used this app and device with one of my bikes equipped with Garmin Edge 1000 and Power Tap G3 hub, confirming the Inride is erratic not nearly accurate- save your money and invest in an accurate not mathematically derived system and a device you can use on the road too!
Good but could be better
Overall a good experience with both the pod and app. Initial setup didn't go smoothly...and literally when their support suggested taking the battery out and flipping it around the wrong way...then flipping it back around and trying again, thought they were nuts, but it worked.
Only issues I have are that they're close to being really good. I can use other BT HR straps and pair with it, but not BT cadence. (Have wahoo TICKR and RPM) Would think if they knew speed, resistance based on their curve and cadence, the power numbers could even be more accurate. Otherwise, the only issue is the occasional wonky BT pairing when the phone or another program tries to pair and it doesn't play nice.
Fair replacement for outdoor riding
I've been riding trails and using apps to track distance and speed. When snow moved me indoors I got a rock and roll trainer with this app to continue riding and tracking progress. Found the app to be a bit complex to customize but after some tinkering I've been pleased with its function. Calibrating before every workout can be a pain but you can skip it at the push of a button. It syncs some data with Apple health app. Overall a decent substitute for real riding without having to empty your checking account for equipment.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Dec 21, 2015
- Version: 2.3.4
- Size: 15.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Kurt Manufacturing Company Inc.
- © 2015 Kinetic
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.