King Schools Companion
By King Schools, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The KING Companion App enables you to download and take video lessons from any of our award winning online Ground School and Test Prep courses, Checkride courses and Single-Subject Flying courses -- anywhere, anytime. Even when not connected to the Internet! Your course progress will automatically sync to your online course the next time your device is connected to the internet.
The Companion App even lets you take the quizzes that follow each video lesson from our Interactive Video Ground School and Test Prep courses—right on your device.
King Schools produces home-study courses used in preparation for FAA (The aviation authority in the United States) exams, overcome flying hurdles and meet mandatory flight training requirements. Whether you are studying for Sport Pilot, Private Pilot, Instrument Rating, Commercial Pilot, Flight Instructor (CFI), Multi-Engine or Airline Transport Pilot (ATP); King Schools has a course just for you.
King Schools courses are specifically designed to efficiently give you the vital flying knowledge you'll use for the rest of your flying career.
Born from a Passion for Flying
King Schools, Inc. is the world's leading producer of aviation training videos and computer software. KING was first established in 1974, when John and Martha began flying throughout the country to teach ground school courses.
Today, King Schools has over 50 employees operating from an 18,000 sq. ft. complex, housing a dedicated video production facility. In the past 10 years we have delivered more than 4 million hours of video instruction, teaching up to one-third of all pilots in the U.S. obtaining training.
We are keenly aware of the importance of the work we do. During the time someone is learning to fly, flying is the most important thing in his or her life. We are privileged to play such a significant role in the lives of such committed individuals. We take pride in producing quality work for these special people.
What's New in Version 1.4
• Now all lesson review questions for your registered courses are available offline without needing to download the lesson video; your answers will be saved and synchronized with your online course automatically.
• Now you can send course feedback to King Schools using the Send Feedback button in the course footer.
• New Settings screen; use button at upper left when your courses list is displayed. Companion App settings are also available in the main Settings application of your device.
• New setting for Preferred Video Quality: standard quality or (when available) higher or highest quality. Select highest quality only if you have a lot of space available on your device.
• New setting to skip video and go directly to lesson review questions when on tapping the lesson title.
Worthless! Deceptive! Got a refund!
I'm a CFI for 30+ years and used King in the past. This year they sent a flyer advertising the free iPad/iPhone app for FIRC. Called technical support after purchase and they informed me that it is not available for the app and only for the web browser. Also, they have a timer for each module that requires you to wait 90 minutes for each lesson to timeout before you take the test to move onto the next module. They did refund my purchase but I do not recommend this product and I do not like the deception that came with advertising this on their flyer
Nothing beats being able to take my ground school studies offline when I'm having to sit packed in like a sardine on a passenger flight. I don't have the added expense of having to purchase internet service! I can take my iPad anywhere and sync my lessons later when I have a connection. Kudos.
Good for Commercial Practical Test
The content is good, even though it is somewhat dated.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 05, 2015
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 2.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: King Schools, Inc.
- © 2015 King Schools, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.