Capture more photos and videos!
The Kingston DataTraveler® Bolt™ Duo removes limitations on capturing the perfect moment! With the Bolt, you can easily free up space on your iPhone or iPad. Simply plug it in, open the app, and you have extended storage to live the moment.
- Capture more – Take photos and videos directly to the Bolt.
- Free up space – Transfer your memories to the Bolt and make space for new ones.
- Simple back up – Secure precious moments by backing them up on-the-go.
- Easy to use – All the features you need for photos and videos. No more, no less.
Note: The Kingston Bolt app requires a Kingston Bolt product to work (sold separately).
Let us know how the app is working for you:
- Facebook: facebook.com/KingstonTechnology
- Twitter: @KingstonTech
- Instagram: @kingstontechnology
This update brings many improvements to Bolt:
- Improved the transfer experience. You can now pause the transfer and resume it at a later time!
- Fixed a number of other bugs behind the scenes to make everything smoother
Ratings and Reviews
Great at the Start, but...
I was really excited when I first received my Bolt. The idea is great and I didn’t have to worry about immediately transferring the photos I take (for work) off my phone and put them onto my computer. They were easily stored on my Bolt. I’ve had my Bolt for 3 months - I used it at least once a week. And today, I finally decided I trusted it enough to transfer important personal photos. Instead, it corrupted all of my pictures and ruined those work photos already on my Bolt. It’s a nice idea, but certainly not worth the money. As others noted, Bolt has always been laggy and there have been times it refuses to connect with my conputer. Very bummed as this was a gift and I won’t be able to use anymore. Based on other reviews, I’m sure I will never hear from Customer Support (I have contacted). Don’t bother or find a similar product from a more trusted source.
Great But Has A Couple Flaws
The concept of this whole thing is amazing and makes transferring incredibly easy, but there’s a couple of flaws that need to be fixed in order for this app to be GREAT. I am using an iPhone 7+, the app freezes very consistently, and is very laggy when selecting and moving back and forth between screens. Also, i’d soon like to be able to manage files inside of the app. On my computer, I tried to see if I were to create folders and store them on my Bolt, would they show up in the app and they don’t, which I think is kind of a big deal. The biggest flaw for me was that it’s not letting me save images and videos from my Bolt into my camera roll. I know it’s definitely supposed to be because it’s an option, but they aren’t saving at all.
Need option to select photo folder
It has worked fine with my iPhone 6S but would like the option to select my Camera Roll folder and/ or Videos folder to select photos/videos from those folders instead all photos on my phone. Since I transfer photos from my dslr to my iPad, these photos end up in my iPhone Photostream folder and are mixed in with my iPhone photos when I transfer them to the Bolt and I don’t want that. I have to then sort and delete when I transfer them to my Windows pc.
- Kingston Digital, Inc.
- 99.7 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Kingston Digital Inc.,
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.